Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

This is my first ever post on Gixxer as I just purchased my first ever Suzuki this past weekend. So far, I love it. It's 24 years old, but still has a lot of bite. Before this bike I owned a 2002 Buell Blast and a 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 650R. This is the largest and most complicated bike I think I have ever dealt with.

An issue I have with this 1993 750W is that the previous owner thought that it would be a novel idea to hack off the stock exhaust and weld on a straight pipe coming from a 2011 Hyundai Elantra. The bike is LOUD (obnoxiously so) and I can tell that the bike is not responding well judging from pops when going down hills. This might also explain why it has been high idling when warm (although it may very well be a vacuum leak there is some gas slipping out near the petcock). So, long-story-short: is there a slip-on that I can attach to my new bike? I have conducted numerous google searches/skimmed ebay/looked all throughout these forums and cannot find a single slip-on that is compatible with this bike. I'm mostly worried about the diameter of the pipe after I cut off the weld made for the Elantra pipe.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thanks for your help in advance!

-filbiery

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
No experience with these year bikes and since no pictures to show where it was cut, I can't picture it. Looking at the stock exhaust, I can see why there may not be many/any aftermarket exhausts for this bike. Unless other years will fit your bike, you may need to go OEM.

92-93 GSXR 600 OR 93-95 GSXR750

EDIT: You also have to take into consideration that in 1993, there were no slip-on exhausts. Aftermarket exhausts were sold as a whole package like the Vance&Hines that came with a can and headers. Not really sure when slip-on's started to be made as an alternative.

·
Married his Fleshlight... And Also touches people
871 Posts
I'm sure you could get a slip on from another model and just modify so it fits?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahh, I see. I never thought of the possibility that slip-ons not exisiting in the early 90s. The weld on thw exhaust beings right where the oem exhaust starts in your exhaust. The new section of pipe gets a little thicker after that weld. I'll be sure to post pics when I get home. Is the diameter of an exhaust slip-on typically listed? That would probably be pretty helpful. I've been looking at a Vance and Hines SS2R, which looks quite similar to the V&H exhaust that was posted

·
Registered
131 Posts
There is currently a stocker on eBay

1993 Suzuki GSXR750W GSXR750WP GSXR600 Exhaust Muffler Silencer Fair 111274 | eBay

1994 suzuki gsxr750 exhaust muffler pipe | eBay

This little gem (if you can convince to ship to Alberta I can forward to you on USPS):
Gsxr 750 1995 exhaust OEM | motorcycle parts, accessories | St. Catharines | Kijiji

This unknown POS listing (if you can get this idiot to take an actual pic may work for you):

1994 Suzuki Gsxr 750 Exhaust | eBay

Pricy Yosh:

V&H (I question if this will fit the 750W):
Vance & Hines SS2R Bolt On Exhaust Muffler Suzuki GSXR750 1993-1995 W models | eBay
1994 SUZUKI GSX-R750 YOSHIMURA R-3 FULL EXHAUST SYSTEM | eBay

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is extremely helpful, I really do appreciate all of the responses. I contacted the person in Ontario, hopefully the stock exhaust is still available.

·
Registered
131 Posts
That stocker looked like a good deal. Shipping through to the USA will be very expensive direct on Canada Post. Let me know if you want me to middle-man it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I appreciate it, I went ahead and bought an OEM exhaust from a '95 gixxer on ebay for $60 with free shipping! I'm going to try to wrap the headers while I'm installing the new pipe; the bike feels like an oven at when I get to a stoplight and my temp gauge jumps to the red before the fan turns on. Side note, is it wise to wrap headers that already have signs of corrosion? They are rusty, but they seem to be solid.

·
Banned
23,398 Posts
Unless you are doing some sort of concourse restoration or the laws in your area prohibit the use of an aftermarket exhaust, investing in a stock system is counterproductive.
There ARE still some new/aftermarket systems out there by various manufacturers
( Kerker, Vance-Hines, Yoshimura)
Personally...I like period correct systems with turned down tip over the newer slash cut or stubby can as they just don't look right.
Just my 02 cents coming from a guy who has been there-done that more times than he can remember.
PS...the slip-ons for this bike had a unique design and are not often found unless you know where to look and who to ask and oldschoolers like me know the who's and the wheres all you need to do is ask!
One perk of this site is their classifieds section where just such oddities occasionally reside.
Get your "little red R" which gives you classified access and see if anything is available.
With these bikes and their subsequent parts becoming extinct it's always good to keep current of all this site has to offer.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
If all you are doing is trying to get rid of the obnoxious noise then getting a stock system is all you need to do.

Before you go and pay for you red R be aware there is essentially zero action in the watercooled section of this forum...

·
Banned
23,398 Posts
There are a lot of things I'm not privy to as in things that happened when, where, why or how so perhaps I have over stepped the boundary. Yes, I know "assumption is the mother of all fuck ups" and yet, I made an assumption. Perhaps it would be best to delete posts back to my faux Pas before I cause a meltdown.

On this day in history...Samantha was wrong.
This monumental moment has been brought to you by The Sradiator...Saving the planet 1 Gsxr at a time!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts