Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would Vance and Hines be one to consider.

I would love the entire clutch pak from a good Canadian distibutor or bike shop that is known to have good deals in Vancouver BC preferably. This gear will be for my modded 86 gixxer.

At the same time I plan to buy Stage 3 Dyno jet kit for my 38 mm carbs.

Sven

[ 02-14-2002: Message edited by: Sven ]</p>

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I posted in another thread about a bad experience I had with the Barnett clutch on my old `86... The stock clutch works well, and after my debacle with Barnett, I've always stuck to the Suzuki clutch. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. (as opposed to: "if it ain't broke, take it apart and find out why"). ...anyway, that's why I use the OEM clutch.

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sven:
Whats the reason for strictly considering OEm??<hr></blockquote>

they grip very well and they last a long time.....the downside is that they're a bit pricier. but you know the saying 'you get what you pay for'...

my own experience with barnett kevlar clutches hasn't been that good, either. when new they grabbed very well (almost TOO well, in fact), but the grip was short-lived. it also reacted very badly (slip city) with the castrol synthetic oil i was using at the time.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Sven,
Stick with the OEM clutch pack etc. You can't do better than suzuki. I have 25000 miles on mine, and that is with at least 100 passes down the 1/8 mile strip and years of stupid street abuse. They are indestructable. All the magazines will say the same thing. Expensive but worth it. Any of the bubba's at the track that use aftermarket burn them out within the season. GO OEM SUZUKI IF YOU WANT DURABILITY!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I completely hear ya as my heavily modded 88 Katana 1100 that is sold with 45000 kms on it still had a strong clutch.

I just though the aftermarket stuff may have become better and was giving thought to it.

OEM sounds like the way I will go.

Sven

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just another agreement with you all. Stick with OEM. I had a Barnett kevlar in my 1216 R and it dragged all the time with the clutch in, no doubt doing wonderful things to the dogs in the gearbox on every change. Put in OEM and have not had any probs, even when riding like a tool.

Dale

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.