Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by bmfgsxr:
i like the dynojet kit. that is what i have in my 97. www.dynojet.com<hr></blockquote>

All I see for the '99 600 is a stage 1 kit. But it sounds like he would need the stage 2, right?

[ 12-04-2001: Message edited by: Jon T. Flesh ]</p>

·
Registered
202 Posts
The exact problem I have been running into. I will need something more than a Stage 1 with my mods and future mods, and want to take full advantage of my exhaust.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I think I checked out that one on the net before! Any idea what it may cost or if it's tougher to install than most? Looks like a pretty extreme kit

I need to take some new pics since I've lowered her and installed the exhaust...http://hammerheadracing.cz28.com/images/gsxr3.jpg

Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Adrian:
I think I checked out that one on the net before! Any idea what it may cost or if it's tougher to install than most? Looks like a pretty extreme kit

I need to take some new pics since I've lowered her and installed the exhaust...http://hammerheadracing.cz28.com/images/gsxr3.jpg

Thanks guys

<hr></blockquote>

He says it's pretty easy except for having to drill some hole to get to a jet... or something like that. If I get that kit, I was going to have him do that part
The hard part is tuning it, which I hear can be tricky, but you should be able to call factorypro and tell them your bike's setup and they'll give you some tuning settings and suggestions.

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
you won't need anything more than a stage 1 with mods like a pipe, k&n filter, and ignition advancer. you're not getting massively more air with those modifications....

that factory tipro kit is fine, it's just a stage 1 with titanium needles.....

[ 11-25-2001: Message edited by: jeff ]</p>

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have the full Duplex race Titanium system, header and all, not just a can. Keep the info coming guys!! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I had a Dynojet kit in my 600, and it worked well. I've also heard the Yosh MJN's are sweet but a little more $$. Maybe check them out at Yosh's website.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
very cool, I think that's what I'll go with when I eventually get around to doing it. The power on my bike is jerky @ low rpm's (like I hold the throttle steady and the throttle response is really uneven). Does that sound like an issue re-jetting will fix? I have a yosh slip-on and a k&n, and the throttle wasn't like this before these mods.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Before you buy, check out Yoshimuras MJN kit. I ran a factory kit in my 97 750 and could never get that thing to run right...always had a flat spot in there somewhere. The MJN cleared everything up. Gave better power across the whole RPM range, and was really easy to install.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hey guys,
Some friends and I got a 30 pack and went to work in my living room installing my new full exhaust, and only after 3 hours or so we were done! Man this system sounds SICK! I love it! Waay more power everywhere, but I've noticed that the power delivery is a little uneven throughout the RPM range now, and wondered what I should do to my carbs to make up for it. The main bike guy here rode it and said don't worry about a kit until summer, because it is doing pretty well right now, that it was already decently jetted, but I wanted to ask what you guys have used on your older Gixxer's like mine (99). I plan on getting a K&N and some sort of timing advancer soon also. Recommend one of those? Thanks!

·
Registered
202 Posts
What do you guys think of the MJN kit? I can get the kit which is already on another set of carbs, been dyno tuned for a decent price from the guy I got my exhaust from. I'd need to sell my carbs tho, anyone interested? I need to know if the MJN is a good streetable kit or if it's race only. Thanks :>

·
Registered
602 Posts
You did this in your living room? Sorry, I am a little slow on the draw....

·
Registered
202 Posts
yea it was alot of fun
bunch of guys gettin hammered playin with my bike

any input on the MJN jet kit guys?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts