Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What steps are tehre to doing this, and where is a good place to get the oil. I have never seen it at the local shop and I don't know if they would order it without charging double retail. I just noticed the other day that it had a lot of wobble at high speeds and if you ever let go of the bars they wobble. My 600 never did this and I just wondered how to fix it. Oh yea, what weight oil does anyone recommend?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea that helps, I check the tire pressure before I ride and it was good. I am pretty sure it needs rebuilding cause I can see drops of oil on the plastic under the dampener every couple of days. I haven't balanced my tires, I have been told to do it, and then others say it doesn't mater. The local shop is outrageous on balancing tires, like 40 each to do it, so I don't mess with it. i don't think the rear would stay balanced cause of spinning, but I guess I should balance the front.

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
Always checks everything on the bike... When you take off the front tire check the bearing/spin the wheel in the air/ check next to make sure theres no play. You shouldnt have no wobble, even without a steering stabalizer.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have a wobble just cruising, or even running curves somewhat hard. I just noticed the wobble at bout 120 up to 150, I know speed was a lot of it, but it shouldn't have shimmied that bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.