Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first time posting on this site so I apologize for any formalities I may overlook.
For two years now, I've been riding a beat up 2000 750 that I bought for $1400. It has about 20k miles but the 6th gear doesnt work (grinds and ticks when engaged), the fairings are scratched and cracked, and the gas tank is dented. There is also a small oil leak because stator case is bent.

I want to pull the whole bike apart and see if I can fix the issue with the transmission. If i am able to, I would like to restore the whole bike (gas tank, fairings and stator case among other things). I know that it might not be worth it but I really like the bike and I am afraid that I wont be able to find an original one in the future. I think the bike is iconic and a proud piece of GSXR history.
I was hoping for some advice or do's and dont's from anyone. Also, since i will have the whole bike apart, id like to know of some upgrades to make. Any advice is welcome!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your Y2K rebuild, if you want to go down the path of all new oem bodywork I have everything you need for this bike in both the red/white/blue and yellow color schemes, but please note most all of these pieces are discontinued now from Suzuki, finding new oem bodywork is both challenging and not cheap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts