Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it would be too good to be true so I went to my local Honda/Suzuki/Yamaha dealer. Half of the rearsets on Honda 600F4I's will work...and that would be the LEFT half. the gixxer and the F4I share the same spread of 71mm...but the right sides are 92mm(gixxer) & 71mm(F4I). While I had my vernier in hand I checked 929, 954, gixxer6/7/1k, R6, R1, 919, Bandit 12, TLR, TLS, 'Busa, and even the used bikes they had. Unfortunately no match for the right side.

Oil temp guage post from Nordscogin... from a member, I forget who posted in Ilisnois. I bought one too with the sending unit for $79. The threading for the temp sending unit is 1/8" NPT. So I found a matching M16x1.50 hex bolt(to fit in the left or right side of the oil pan) to drill and tap the center for the sending unit. 1/8" NPT taps are $16 each. I'd better not break it. If it works I could be talked into making more for a fee.

Is anyone every NOT working on their gixxer? At least I rode it today for a couple of hours.

[ 06-18-2002, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: Simon Orttan ]

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Thats good to know, one day I will find a good set of rearsets.

Think on the bright side at least you got to ride, I am still stuck in that still working on it catagory

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'll be the first to admit...I'm NOT working on mine

It's just sitting there in lot's of pieces

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
G,day Brian.......we have rear-sets for GSX 1100E 1982
GSX 1100EF 1982
GSX 1100ES 1983
GSX 1100R 1986
GSX 1100S KATANA 1982.
We think the GSX 1100R fit? Anyway if they do, the cost for non folding is £105.75 delivered, folding £117.50 delivered. All prices include VAT. We also have a split drawing showing all components which we would be glad to fax you a copy.
You can have the rear sets in machined aluminium finish or black aluminium with rubber covered footrests. Pictures on our web site show the complete kits for Yamaha XJ 600 (bright alu finish) and HONDA CBX 6 (black finish). The difference being the mounting plates which are unique to each type of machine, and some of the smaller connections vary from machine to machine. All kits come complete with EVERYTHING you need to make them operational.
We also stock all the spares separately should you damage any of the parts, so you would only need to replace the damaged component (i.e. gear lever, or one foot peg).
We can also supply pillion footrests to match.

Thanks for your interest in our products

Jim Morgan
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">now what the heck is this: GSX 1100R 1986 ?????

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GSX 1100R ???

Ask Mr Morgan to pull them out of the bags and measure the mounting bolt spread.

And then let me know if they will work

·
Registered
129 Posts
Originally posted by Simon Orttan:
I thought it would be too good to be true so I went to my local Honda/Suzuki/Yamaha dealer. Half of the rearsets on Honda 600F4I's will work...and that would be the LEFT half. the gixxer and the F4I share the same spread of 71mm...but the right sides are 92mm(gixxer) & 71mm(F4I). While I had my vernier in hand I checked 929, 954, gixxer6/7/1k, R6, R1, 919, Bandit 12, TLR, TLS, 'Busa, and even the used bikes they had. Unfortunately no match for the right side.

Oil temp guage post from Nordscogin... from a member, I forget who posted in Ilisnois. I bought one too with the sending unit for $79. The threading for the temp sending unit is 1/8" NPT. So I found a matching M16x1.50 hex bolt(to fit in the left or right side of the oil pan) to drill and tap the center for the sending unit. 1/8" NPT taps are $16 each. I'd better not break it. If it works I could be talked into making more for a fee.

Is anyone every NOT working on their gixxer? At least I rode it today for a couple of hours.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I am not working on my Gixxer. The 1100 has been parked for 1.5 months now. To ill to ride it. Damn I miss it.

CT

·
Registered
77 Posts
Originally posted by Simon Orttan:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You didn't get your Mikuni rearsets yet?

Regarding the oil temperature guage, the M16 plugs on the sides of the oil pan doesn't seem to have enough clearance between them and the lower frame rails for adding a sending unit. I used the M14 hole next to the oil filter to mount the sending unit. I'm using the temperature guage from Daytona because I think it's better looking than the Nordscogin unit. You can get the guage and the M14 adapter from either Dennis Kirk or LP. DK is more expensive, but LP's customer service really sucks...

http://www.denniskirk.com/powervendor/details/detail.asp?serverid=nlStreet&PartNo=40756

Yancy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts