Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All do the first white connector plug in to a white cap wonting some help to see if you need the white cap on end of connector is needed and what it does .

the second photo do you need this plug
Plugged into that box ?

the third photo is the positive battery lead what does that red lead with white plug do as I can’t find it on the main wiring loom.
Any help would be great
Thanks

Attachments

· Premium Member
7,865 Posts
first plug looks like it could be the speed sensor plug, middle plug looks like dealer mode plug, and third may be the tail lamp? just guessing here have to get the service manual and chase down the color and location

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for responding to my question I’ll take a couple more pics as just wonting to no if I need 1 the one plug which is plug into a cap end .
2 and the black box that’s has the plug to
3 the red cable that goes from the positive battery end to that white plug as from that white plug goes into the wiring loom
Thanks

· Premium Member
7,865 Posts
looks like a few deletes maybe, flapper, maybe STVA so forth, really need to get service manual and find the wiring diagram, beats guessing all day long I just don't know that bike well enough to even guess, there was just a thread with the free download manual too...

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thanks yea have manual very hard read the wiring diagram tho
Really won’t work the wire running from postive
Battery terminal tho as other bike hasn’t got the other connector end

· Premium Member
2017 GSX-R1000R
56 Posts
Thanks for responding to my question I’ll take a couple more pics as just wonting to no if I need 1 the one plug which is plug into a cap end .
2 and the black box that’s has the plug to
3 the red cable that goes from the positive battery end to that white plug as from that white plug goes into the wiring loom
Thanks
Which bike version; without ABS, with ABS, or GSXR1000R? I can send you the wiring diagram if I know which version.

· You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
10,953 Posts
I'm out of my depth with a L7 but the first, fifth, and eighth pics look like the dealer mode connector. Get a wiring diagram. The wire colors tell all.

Your second, sixth, and seventh pics look like the AP sensor.

Earlier years used a black vinyl cover/cap for the dealer mode connector. I'd like to know of a source for it or your white cap.

· You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
10,953 Posts
The smaller R lead from the battery terminal connector runs to the #6 fuse and on to the ABS. I thought that the red cover over your battery terminal was split and in need of replacement (you can see the crimps inside in the third and fourth pics) . But there's a pic in the second page of the Components pdf where it's also split so it seems to come that way. I'm unimpressed. The terminology has changed slightly on the L7 and what was previously called the dealer mode connector is now the mode selection switch coupler. It's now used to deal with service reminders that appear on the cluster as well as diagnostic codes. Three unsplit wiring diagrams (1000, 1000 ABS, & 1000R) are on pages 4-6 of this. Finally, I see an unconnected ring terminal in pics 3, 4, 6, and 7 that looks like some sort of non-OEM added electrics but have no idea what it's about.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts