Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I have a problem with the mirrors on my 86 1100 and was wandering if anyone has an easy solution to my problem. I am quite a big fellow at 1,85 meters tall and the rear view mirrors on my bike are basically useless as all I see in em is my arms. At one stage we could by extensions for them but as the bike is so old I cannot get them anymore. Does anyone know of any mirror from other bikes that would just bolt on?

Cheers

Aksman.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
6foot. When are you going to learn?

[ 07-02-2002, 07:49 AM: Message edited by: Aksman ]

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Fastcat.
What model GPz750 was that? I'll have a look and see what they look like on the bike. I tries some from a Honda (model unknown)and my bike looked like Dumbo the Elephant.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by karl_1052:
I have pretty elbows.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I see you know what I am talking about then.

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
the first generation gsxr mirrors are butt ugly....i wouldn't have minded them so much if they actually worked well.

i ended up installing some bar end mirrors from lockhart, i think. not small ones, but larger ones that were made of metal and had enough mass to keep vibration to a mininum.

they were absolutely incredible.....only downside to them was that it was harder to split lanes....

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Originally posted by Aksman:
Thanks Fastcat.
What model GPz750 was that? I'll have a look and see what they look like on the bike. I tries some from a Honda (model unknown)and my bike looked like Dumbo the Elephant.

Cheers
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It was an `85 GPz750 ...they don't get more specific in model #'s than that... ANYway, my current bike has mirrors from a katana on it... I spent most of a morning looking through all the mirrors that the local salvage yard had, and finally settled on those (it took a bit of dremelling to get them installed). ANY mirror with the right space between the bolt-holes will fit on there, on the 750 that I had, I used the GPz mirrors because they swivelled around enough to bolt right on and work (I think I hadda use the left mirror on the right side, and vice-versa).

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. I guess it's off to the junkyard then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts