Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking a new rear tyre for my bike. A friend has a Dunlop Sportmax 207 (N) which he orderd for his R6 and I was wondering if I can use it on my bike. The problem is tyre has "R6 only" written on the sticker.

I am currently running a Dunlop Sportmax 207 (L) and both the tyres look the same. So should I just order a new tyre or can I use my freinds tyre?

Also what would be the differance between the two tyres?

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
as far as i know they're nots a diffrence between the 2. dunlop sportmax d207zr...as long as it is a 180/17/55 i think you should be ok.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Maybe one of those marketing tricks. As long as it is 180 or even 190 size it's OK. My bike has a Yosh exhaust which was made for GSXR600 but works perfectly well on a GSXR750, so does my Ohlins damper and Harris mounting kit, both sold as items for GSXR750. If the size matches, go ahead and buy this tyre. I use BT 010s and they are lovely
. D207RR would be a bit tricky in colder weather as it is soft compound tyre. I would never go out on a soft compuond tyre in winter again

·
Registered
178 Posts
There really isn't much to the "N" rating. Pirelli, Dunlop, Continental and Bridgestone all do it for high end car tires too. All Porsche cars come with tires that are marked N, N2, N3 and so on. The "N" just means that the vehicle manufacture has tested the handling characteristics of that tire on their vehical. The number after the "N" is the revision of the tire and it's manufacture testing.

The "N" tire is usually a bit more expensive, but there is little difference if any.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts