Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just checking cause I have a little bit of unused tire on the edge. Someone told me that the Flux Capasitor is suppose to clean those off at like 88mph or somthing...I took it out for ride, but the chicken strips are still there. Obviously the Flux Capasitor is broke..Is it under the seat? Somone told me they put it inside the handle bar, but i dont know how to get it out. Maby they were confusing it with the oil filter.

HELP!

·
Registered
357 Posts
take off your head, and its 1 of the 4 silver circles, not sure which one it is though, youll have to email dr. brown to find out for sure, i think hes still back in time though, good luck.....

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
The other thing you might try is adding more blinker fluid, if you stick more in it the bike will lean over more on it own accord with may help. An extra 2 or 3 litre in each side ought to do the trick.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Your right. It is the Flux Cap.. I had the same problem on my bike. As mentioned before, you do have to take the head off. It's the 2nd from the left silver thing. To fix the cap., you have to release the pressure from behind the silver thing. Do this by drilling a hole no bigger than 3/4" in the middle of the silver thing. You should beable to see the cap through the hole. Now you don't have to remove the old cap., just drop a new one in through the hole, and when you start it next, the enging will change them automatically. Brilliant hey. To seat the hole in the silver thing, just use a bit of candle wax.
All done. Just a word of warning, you will have to break in the new cap., and the easiest way of doing that is to replace your blinker fluid with water, and replace your brake fluid with air (just like trucks use). After 110k miles, go back to normal.

Hope this was some help.

·
Banned
19,349 Posts
Actually, the Kats have a flux cap in each of the silver holes. They're located under the flat, round plates that move up and down in the holes - so you have to drill a decent sized hole in each of the flat, round plates. DON'T drill in the center of the flat, round pieces or you may accidentally trigger the flux caps - which may eventually cause ripples in the space-time continuum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts