Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i am using rear tire brake , (normal use ) motorcycle starts to slide like dancing left and right side .

Of corse if you use rear brake hard , it must start slide but it must slide forword not like dancing.

I tested Honda CBR 1000 2007 year and started to kill brakes on high speeds also but its not started dancing its sliding a bit but forword and everything is ok . So does anyone have any ideas what could be the problem on my bike ? Why the tail of motorcycle starts to shake when braking rear tire a bit extremly ?

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,843 Posts
You do realize that locking up the rear brake is not considered normal use, right? Are you sure you know how to brake properly?
And, yes, it can slide from side to side.

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
I've never been on any motorcycle that wouldn't dance/hop/slide the rear tire if you brake hard enough. Why are you using the rear brake so hard? It's a great way to crash if you don't have a high level of riding skill.

What country are you from?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like riding like agressive riding and in some situationa i need to brake fast . But i am not pushing brakes so hard to do somthing unormal . Its always doing same slide only left and right sides .

I specialy tested CBR to find out problem was on me or on the bike , and i even try to push rear brake more than on mine but cbr did not started to shake tail . The way was also same :(

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes but if another motorcycles does not do the same , on the same way with same rider , it does not means that there is some technical issue on my bike ?

·
Rectum Rupticus
9,918 Posts
I like riding like agressive riding and in some situationa i need to brake fast . But i am not pushing brakes so hard to do somthing unormal . Its always doing same slide only left and right sides .

I specialy tested CBR to find out problem was on me or on the bike , and i even try to push rear brake more than on mine but cbr did not started to shake tail . The way was also same :(
We all like to ride aggressive sometimes . I know I do and you know what .... I don't use the fucking rear brakes at all . Your bikes tail is wagging because you've locked up the rear brake, also if your are using the full potential of the front brakes the odds are your back tire isn't even on the ground.

Stop riding like an asshat on the streets and take it to the track. :hammer

Where are you from?

·
Married his Fleshlight... And Also touches people
870 Posts
Yes, you are riding like a retard if you're locking up the rear. Are you down shifting from 4th to 1st trying to back it in.....to a wall. Good way to ruin your tyres too.

Otherwise do you mean the back wheel isn't breaking traction but moving around whilst applying brake?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
:facepalm

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,097 Posts
The CBR is probably equipped with an ABS, so that it never locks the rear tire. Please don't take this as an insult, but, if that is true and if you failed to realize the difference (ascribing it to a fault of the bike), then you probably have little enough experience, to confuse exaggerated use of the bike controls as aggressive riding, when, in fact, it is novice riding.

The more aggressively you ride, the smoother, planned, controlled and coordinated your actions have to be. More to the point, no matter how aggressively you ride, you should consider a fully locked wheel as an error, either of judgment, or of execution on your part. That is because once a wheel is locked you lose much (in the case of the rear) or all (in the case of the front) control of your bike. You also brake less than you could have been braking at partial lock conditions, so this is really a lose-lose situation and therefore, to be considered a failure and avoided (the exception being, of course, intentionally induced lock-ups, when drifting).

Furthermore, as has been advised, there's hardly any reason to use the rear brake much, under heavy braking. That is because, once most of the load has shifted forward, say a second or so after getting on the brakes, your rear wheel will lock up at the slightest application of the rear brake. It therefore can't contribute much, if at all, to your overall braking force, but it does contribute to the bike's instability. There's then, perhaps, the added danger of confusing the weaving (the left-right sliding of the tail) you're experiencing, with a lock-up of the front and hesitate from applying more front brake, even when it is necessary, which would well have catastrophic consequences.

So, to sum it up: a) left-right weaving is entirely normal under locked-wheel conditions, b) locking the wheel should be considered a failure and avoided and c) one should be cautious, when using the rear brake under heavy braking.

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
The CBR is probably equipped with an ABS
Or maybe the linked front/rear braking system that Honda liked to use? I haven't verified that the 2007 1000 has it as I don't care really. I don't like that as I want to be in control of both front and rear brakes and yes I do use the rear for a variety of reasons. Sooooooo, what if I lock the rear on purpose? I like to lock and slide within my control of course...it's fun :grin2:

My vote on this is rider error.

:kiss2:

·
Administrator
13,260 Posts
Or maybe the linked front/rear braking system that Honda liked to use? I haven't verified that the 2007 1000 has it as I don't care really. I don't like that as I want to be in control of both front and rear brakes and yes I do use the rear for a variety of reasons. Sooooooo, what if I lock the rear on purpose? I like to lock and slide within my control of course...it's fun :grin2:

My vote on this is rider error.

:kiss2:
I believe the Honda ballast braking system was on the sport touring style bikes ... blackbird & VFR

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Simple math so you know what one is your strogest braking unit...no need to know of weight transfer and loads for this...just look at the size of....your branking disks...that tells ya what you are supposed to use primary as stopping power, tyre lock = no efficiency & high chances of a metal bone salad

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
If you are 100% sure it isn't improper braking technique, the first things to check out would be:

1. Brake fluid level in the rear m/c. If there is too much, when the fluid heats up, it could cause excessive brake drag, and when you push on the rear brake as you normally would, it will cause lockup.

2. Brake pads on the same side of rotor. This happens more often than most care to admit. People put the rear tire on in a rush, and not realize they forced both brake pads onto the same side of the rotor, which can cause serious issues.

Either way, I would not advise riding the bike until you figure it out.

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,843 Posts
If you're saying you barely apply the rear brake and it locks up, something is wrong. If you are smashing on the rear brake and are confused as to why it is locking up, something is wrong with you (and your riding).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
15 Participants
bentoverhard69
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing