Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im about to buy a new rear for my 03 1k. What size should I put on for agressive street riding. Ive been told that a 180 will handle better than the 190. Whats the difference between the two?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, the 180 turns better into a curve but is a little bit more nervous when cruising in high speed. You also should consider the profile. For example the new Pirelli Super Corsa Pro is 55 series instead of the BT014R's 50 profile. This gives you an advantage that there is more surface on the ground when cornering agressive. Of course the overall profile in the streetracing/racing tyre is different. Again for example the Super Corsa Pro gets hot pretty quickly also on the street and it has much more rubber on the edges (rounder profile like the Racing Super Corsa) than the BT014 has. Hopefully this helps you!!

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ill be getting Pilot Powers either 190 or 180.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That should be a good choice too. Also another one to consider is the new Pilot Race H2. I've heard a lots of good things about it lately.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I would think you would want to stay away from a 180 on a 6" rim. If you had a 5.5 it would be ok but the 6" should really have a 190.

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool ill get the 190 then. I just killed a Pilot Power 190 learning wheelies haha. BTW I have a 180 on the 6" wheel right now. Its settles in the corners real nice. But its street ridden bike.

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just bought a 190 Pilot Power. I had one before and liked it a lot.

·
Registered
919 Posts
trackside tire service -

dunlop sportmax 208GP 'A' (real race tires) in a 190/60 with a 120/70 208GP front for $330 - best money i've ever spent

1 - 12 of 12 Posts