Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do you make your rear tire stright ? when i was going down the highway quite fast when i went around turns it would feel really fucked help???? tips???? thanks

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
I don't know exactly where Mr. Gixxer has them slotted right now, but we have FAQs on just what you need! Have a poke around and you'll find it.

Just remember that the marks on your swingarm are normally BS.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I was going to tighten my chain this week. Do i read the notches on in the window of the bracket. or on top of the swing arm.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
It sounds like your wheels aren't in the same track. How to find out....

Draw a perfectly straight line on something like an old refrigerator box. Now try to put your bike on the line right through the middle of the tires. Now take a long pole or 2x4 and rest it on the side of the rear wheel/tire, long end toward the front and trace a line along the pole. Do that for both sides of the rear tire. If you did it correctly, your 170 rear tire should be "traced" up to the front tire and ideally there should be the same distance on both sides of the center line bisecting the track of your bike.

If not, adjust your rear axle until it is centered. or it could be something else out of alignment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts