Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a gsxr1100 1992 build in a 750 frame from 1990. the swing arm is from the 750 the suspension is from the 1100. can enybody please thell me witsh spring i have to youse on the suspension tho have the best performance

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Is it just the front forks? Rear shock or shock and swingarm?
Bones

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Bones_GSXR:
Is it just the front forks? Rear shock or shock and swingarm?
Bones
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">the swingarm is from the750 year1990
rhe rear suspension is from the1100 off1992
butt the spring on the rear suspension iss not standard. i dont now what size it iss butt its way to soft
the front fork iss a usd from the 1100 off 1992

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
How much do you weigh dressed PLUS any luggage??

·
Has been Texan longer than the cheerleader
26,430 Posts
Originally posted by bartje#99:
i have a gsxr1100 1992 build in a 750 frame from 1990. the swing arm is from the 750 the suspension is from the 1100. can enybody please thell me witch spring i have to youse on the suspension tho have the best performance
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The 1100 spring should be stiffer than the 750 spring.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Simon Orttan:
What're the unweighted & weighted sag measurements?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">when i take the bike off the stand the sag iss about 3mm
when i go sit on it its 1cm
thiss are the measurements with the spring off the 1100 that i putt on it. and its a hole lat better than it was before

do you now the exact measurments off the sag that i need???????

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Originally posted by bartje#99:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Simon Orttan:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">when i take the bike off the stand the sag iss about 3mm
thiss are the measurements with the spring off the 1100 that i putt on it. and its a hole lat better than it was before

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Do a search for data on setting sag. You need three people to do it comfortably...it sounds like you don't have the correct method.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by bcjohn:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by bartje#99:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Simon Orttan:

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Do a search for data on setting sag. You need three people to do it comfortably...it sounds like you don't have the correct method.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">qoud you please explain me the correct method
thanks

·
Registered
434 Posts
If you go to race tech and do a valving search it will give you the spring rate you need, also on there web site is how to do a sag measurement or you can go to the penske web site download one of the shock manuals and there is the procedure listed there. Basicly what you need to do is pick up the back end and measure from the axle to some fixed point vertically up on the bike with the suspension unloaded, record this dimension then set the bike on the ground gently and measure again this differance is the static sag, then sit on the bike and measure again and the difference is total sag. Looking for about 35mm total sag for street. If you have too much increase the preload on the spring. If you can get the correct total sag but the intial is wrong you have the wrong spring rate for you. Also when you check do an average from both directions this will tell you how much friction is in your linkage repeatable measurements within 2-3mm is good 10mm bad 15mm rebuild the linkage or you over tightened the frame pivot bolt and its binding the swingarm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts