Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys this is my first post i hope you guys can help. ive been bringing back to life an 89 750 thats pretty much stock i just got her to run after a lot of trouble shooting and some carb work.what im not able to figure out is how to adjust the rear suspension my haynes manual only discusses removal and installation. im a pretty good sized guy and would like to try adjusting it before i go out and look for upgrades.
thx in advance

·
3,482 Posts
Welcome on board. I'm sure someone will have info for you. However, I would bet at a minimum, you will need to get a spring installed to match your weight to get an acceptable ride. The stock suspension on these things are junk.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm 6'5" @ 296lbs,.......Trust me your not gonna get shit out of that pussy shock!

On my 89, i ran the nuts on the shock all the way up.

I just picked up a shock off a 95 Gix 1100...Going to get that resprung, and setup for my weight.

Good luck!

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
I like Z1bigtom am a big guy 6'1" and 275. I have a Fox on my 88 and a Ohlins on my 90. If you are a big Guy you diffently want to go aftermarket so you can adjust overall length as well as preload. All you can do on your stocker is to increase the preload by turnintg the threaded collar down to allow for your weight. The other adjustments are for compression and rebound and will not help in this instance but you could fit a new spring to your stocker try RaceTech for this (99.00) or have your stock shock rebuilt and revalved by a good shopI would suggest Lindaman for this (they have done all my suspension work).
Bones

1 - 6 of 6 Posts