Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what kind of rear stand everyone is using on their K6 600's. My buddy has an 04 and is using a vortex stand and he said its very difficult to reach the handle to put the bike up himself?! well all input would be greatly appreciated!! thanks

o yeah BTW how do i resize my pics b/c i have new exhaust pics and cant post them thanks!!!

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Actually, ALL of the stands are designed so you can put the bike up by yourself. :rolleyes
Some are easier than others, but that's the difference between cheap and expensive. And you gotta know how to do it, but they are designed to be a one man job.
That being said, Pit Bull stands are the best. The "reverse" type one, where the handle is toward the front does make it a little easier if you're the type of person who wants to stand NEXT to the bike while putting it up.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I'm using a DMP S-Spec Rear Race Stand with spools on my 06 750. It's a nice stand, not too expensive, and gets the job done.

I've tried a couple times to do this by myself but I always get nervous I'm gonna drop the damn thing so I usually get someone to get me a hand. I've also heard the pitbull stand with the handle in the front should make this easier, but i've never seen one in person.

·
Registered
712 Posts
i use the regular pittbull with the rear facing handle. i put it up and down easily by myself.. and i know you dindt ask but i also use the pittbull front as well. both are a one man operation with bike up in 30 seconds

·
Banned
4,498 Posts
Rkhard said:
i use the regular pittbull with the rear facing handle. i put it up and down easily by myself.. and i know you dindt ask but i also use the pittbull front as well. both are a one man operation with bike up in 30 seconds
good to know are u a big guy...

·
Ditchard the High Maintenance Squirrel
60,366 Posts
Im usually not the search Nazi but how many threads have there been just on stands in the past 2 weeks alone?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Demist said:
I'm using a DMP S-Spec Rear Race Stand with spools on my 06 750. It's a nice stand, not too expensive, and gets the job done.

I've tried a couple times to do this by myself but I always get nervous I'm gonna drop the damn thing so I usually get someone to get me a hand. I've also heard the pitbull stand with the handle in the front should make this easier, but i've never seen one in person.
I use the same DMP stand and put it up by myself. Try removing the rear cowl (or passenger seat) and hold the bike from the the frame inside the opening. You can wrap your fingers around the frame and get a good grip. Use your other arm to line up with the spools and then you can raise the bike up by stepping on the stand. Very stable.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Pitbull all the way

·
Registered
280 Posts
I actually done know what brand my stands are...I ended up getting them through a group buy acouple of years ago whenever i had my older R6. The only problem i have with them is, 1) the rear stand isjust a standard set-up and i want the spool set-up and 2) the front is a fork-lift stand as where i want a front stand that lifts up from underneath the triple.
All in all though, i've used them for years with no problems and they only cost me alittle over $100 for the both of them.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.