Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on trying a rear sprocket increase of +2 teeth. I'm also going to change rear tire profile from 50 to 55. I've been told that to compensate for the speedo error, caused by increasing the rear tire height, you should go +1 more in the back over OEM tooth size. Given the first goal mentioned above, my total increase should be +3. My question is how far forward will the axel move? I don't want to run out of adjustment room. I know I can buy a new chain and cut it to desire. I'm not ready to do that yet since if I don't like the new sprocket I can put it right back to OEM. The current chain has a slight stretch to it so the axle is currently a little bit further back on the swingarm. Not much though. Maybe one notch on the adjustment guide. I was hoping this adds additional room for the larger sprocket but I assume it doesn't do much.

Thanks

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,557 Posts
There's a sprocket center-to-center calculator here. Roughly each extra rear tooth moves the axle forward 1/6", each extra front tooth moves the axle forward 1/7", and each extra link moves the axle backward 5/16".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
BillV
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing