Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so here goes a long story....
well i have a 2002 gix 750 and i ordered sprockets for it, one down in the front and stock in the rear so it was a 16/42....my mechanic goes to install it and the rear doesnt go onto the cush drive. so he calls me and tells me that the bike has a different rim and cush drive on it from a 98-99 gix 750 cuz he put a sprocket for that kinda bike on it to see if it fit and it did. So i found out that the stock teeth for that year is 44 but my mechanice told me to order the stock gearing for my year bike but in the 99 year sprocket size. So now i have a 16 tooth for the front for a 02 gix and a 42 tooth rear for a 99 gix 750, lol. Does this all make sense and will it all be good for my bike??

·
He Who Touches Himself
6,620 Posts
i think you'll be OK.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i mean..im still gonna gain acceleration right from the sprocket swap right since im goin down in the front

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
come on guys..i wanna hear opinions on this , lol

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
your fine the mathmatics still apply ,16/42 is always the same.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
okay good..i just wanted to make sure and get everyones thoughts on the topic. I figured i was correct with all this..i just wanted to get some thoughts from u experts, lol..thanx guys

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
uh.. i guess i don't understand. the cush drive is seperate and has nothing to do with the sprocket. the sprocket just mounts to is. evidently you have a different rim though. yes your bike stock is 17/42 until 2004 where it was 17/43 and the 2006 is 17/44? not sure on the 2006.

but my 05 750 i put -1+1 after having just -1. i think u'd like -1+1 or +2 and u'd stil be pretty satisfied with it. and i don't do a bunch of stunting, just track riding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.