Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
it should work. tho I wouldnt spend a dime on a stock shock.

If you want to go the cheap way, you can get a 00-03 750/600 shock for about the same price ~$40-50. It rarises the rear, and works waaay better than the stock units. Spring rate is about appropiate for the 750's.

Now theres also a fox shock on ebay, Id buy that one instead...

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
hey you get the links too I'd hold on th those I've seen them break in a drag setup before.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Flaco...

is that a direct bolt on? If so i would much rather get a newer shock setup than an older one.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
hey i got a 96 ZX-9 fully adjustable on mine I love it

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i just ordered the 2000-2003 GSXR 750 shock from ebay. should be here next week. came complete.

i'll see what is involved once i get it.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
ask bluegixxer he did it also with no trouble.
on a 2000 shock swap. not to deter you but I think he had to reweld his upper shock mount to make room for the attached resivour.
yes my shock set up bolted right up.
with an added touch to find a place for the resivour
....inovative technology...ya can't do nothin withit./!!!!!
GET AT ME

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i'll figure something out with it.

I may still pick up a ZX-9 , but not till after i try the 2000-03 shock

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
the 00-03 will bolt right on, but the batt tray needs to be relocated backwards. Also the spring bottom might rub the linkage when fully extended, again not to worry about it, I used it like that for like 6 months, and the linkage didnt get a mark at all....

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well it should be here sometime next week so i'll post up my findings once i get involved.

Thanks for responding. I'm glad its a bolt on afair with some minor modification.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
got the shock yesterday.... started to remove the original shock.

just curious if i should use the 00-03 shock mounts...or the original shock mounts.

i should be elbow deep in the swap today... looks like its going to be pretty rough without some kind of airtools.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
I did orig. moubts worked fine on mine...plus makes the swap a easy one

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well as long as i can get these bolts to budge i should be able to get it done today... doesn't look like a big job, but its something i haven't had to do on a bike yet.

the lack of space is what's killing me... im trying to do it without having to take the whole bike apart.

the manual suggests taking off the entire swingarm to do the job...

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
well as long as i can get these bolts to budge i should be able to get it done today... doesn't look like a big job, but its something i haven't had to do on a bike yet.

the lack of space is what's killing me... im trying to do it without having to take the whole bike apart.

the manual suggests taking off the entire swingarm to do the job...
naa don't do that unless you just wanna take the swingarm off.
I use two long extentions on the top take the front seat off to get more access if needed

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well i got it in... took awhile. needed to make a make shift lift out of tie down straps off some support beams in my garage. ended up calling my girlfriend in for some extra hands and we got the job done in about 2 hours. she likes working on the bike for some reason... never could get her to touch the car.

anyways i have to finish modding the battery tray and put everything back together before i'm really done, but atleast the shock is in.

just a question.... how much fluid should come out of the original suspension? i got maybe a 1/4 of a cup of fluid out of it.... is that normal?

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
where did this fluid come from what color and consistency was it.?? mor red color or brown hmmm shock/fork oil.??

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the fluid came from the resevoir and shock... brownish red in color.

i installed the new shock took me awhile to get it on there.
i have to finsih modding the subframe to move the battery box back about 1.5"

big difference in the feel of the rear already when i apply pressure. i'm hoping to finsih it out today.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
yeah shock/fork oil. were was it leaking from the hose or the shock itself gimmie a pic.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts