Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys.As the title says,i want to upgrade the rear stock shock.Mupo ab1 evo got my interest,but as i was searching eBay i found a used ohlins su302.Now i wonder,should i spend the extra cash and get the mupo,or save the cash and get the used ohlins?I think that the mupo is better(more modern shock) but the ohlins is half the price and its an ohlins,easier to find someone to service it.I need your opinions

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its not the shipping but the extra taxes and custom duties.I bought a jacket once from usa,it was 120€ with free shipping.I paid an extra 50€.We have 24% vat here that applies to the price of the object with the shipping included,plus the custom duties which changes ex. after 150€,after 500€ etc plus an extra cost for the import...It is almost like,if it cost 1000 you gonna pay 1400-1500

· Premium Member
8,055 Posts
Its not the shipping but the extra taxes and custom duties.I bought a jacket once from usa,it was 120€ with free shipping.I paid an extra 50€.We have 24% vat here that applies to the price of the object with the shipping included,plus the custom duties which changes ex. after 150€,after 500€ etc plus an extra cost for the import...It is almost like,if it cost 1000 you gonna pay 1400-1500

HOLY FUGG, and how is all that calculated and identified? they open your shit then price it out or?

maybe you need a contact in the states that will forward stuff to you, remove all the boxing so forth, man that's ridiculous who the hale does all that money go to?

I bet they allow chinese wares into the country for free to clog store shelves with garbage, same here in the states, were working on lynching a lot of traitorous criminals as we speak.. slowly but surely, if you hear the USA is in revolt you know why, crime syndicates have taken over everything here and they're all in bed with the sawed off commies and rags, even some ukraines.. pretty pathetic, gas $5 a gallon, or was for a few years, they gave us a dollar break.. ya know cuz they're all doing their jobs, meanwhile food and goods are OUT OF CONTROL, a pack of 4 hot dogs,natural, $8... a dozen eggs $7-$12.. everything suddenly quadrupled.. vehicles? forget it.. crooks... they'll get theirs, can feel it in my bones..

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its ridiculous i know.Imagine that monthly income are between 650-750 euros,a house to rent got sky high last years,300-400 euros(i am lucky i dont have rent),gas is 1.86/litre,it was 2.1,(one gallon is 3.7litres), monthly supermarket 250.. Anything that comes in and was shipped out of European Union gets taxes,even from the UK.If you send me a gift from the US and you pay the shipping it still gonna be taxed

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Its mathematics.Thats how it works.We "had" money in the beginning of globalization and thats cause "we" took advantage of poor people(china,they were working for 1$ a day).25 years ago a plastic bucket was 25$ when it was made locally,it was very expensive.When the market opened for china we were buing the bucket 2$..It was cheaper for us cause a poor kid in china was working..Some of us,not me,made a lot of money resaling stuff from china.Anyway,its a long conversation and irrelevant with the subject of what suspension to look for

· You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
11,117 Posts
Are the import duties the same for all EU countries? Could you for example get a friend in Latvia to buy a K-Tech part for you and have him ship it to you? I take no responsibility for the legality of this.

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nope, import duties are different from country to country.I think its 18% on other countries.It was 18% in our country too before 2009 and the IMF.I have done this a little months ago.I ordered something,sent it to a friend in Germany and he shipped it to me.A lot of things from AliExpress,the chinese ebay,comes this way.They ship it first in Netherlands where i think they have warehouses and then they ship it to you so you avoid the import duties and taxes

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@billyka oh, that's Greece where you're at. From the news few years back, it was difficult over there. Malaysia exported many Modenas Dinamik to Greece.
Anyhow, have you decided on Ohlins STX or the Mupo AB1?
Yeah we had a lot of mopeds,yamaha crypton,F1Z-R 110 which i had as a teen,Z 125,modenas dynamic etc ..A common thing was to swap z 125 engine with wr200 or 250 engine.. Hahaha!!Wheelies all the time. I think i will save some money and get the mupo ab1 evo.Now i dont have any money left cause i bought a set of marchesini mags

1 - 20 of 32 Posts