Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new rear rim... using same spacers on both sides and the stock caliper. When the rear axel is tight the inside of the rim rubs the outside of the caliper... I can see the scrap markes on the caliper and the inside of the rim. ( the raised area behind the rotor)

What have I done wrong? Do I need a new caliper, smaller spacers? what

bike 04 600, Yes I did check the part number on both rims ( old and new) the match.
one more thing with this fen BIKE

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure,, I just called the guy and he said it came off of a 04 750 but it should not be rubing

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
will look for cam and take a few

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yep, it was in the slot with no brake line; I may place the old bent rim back on it to take a look at it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
at the worse case this may validate the swingarm may be bent.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Getting ready to take pics now....

dave I tried it with two different (sp) spacers... the one that came with the new rim and the one from the old rim

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
the spacer on the brake rotor side of the '04/'05s is different from previous models... I thought that one looked right

I don't know man - those pics are a little close. did you take any from a wider perspective that show the whole wheel & brake assembly and illustrate where the caliper's rubbing?

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
so - are you saying that the top of the caliper (as viewed when actually mounted on the bike) is the part rubbing the rim?

If so - did you loosen the torque link bolts when you installed the new wheel?

I don't know if this would or could be the problem - just grasping at straws right now.

I'm just thinking that maybe if the torque link was locked down so the caliper couldn't move, and you positioned the rear wheel different that where it was, maybe this could cause the prob.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Perhaps you have the spacers reversed (i.e. the left spacer on the right side and vice versa)? Left to right are different. One has the lip that is in your picture. The other is just a straight spacer with no lip. Maybe flip them around? I can't remember from the top of my head which goes where, but I think they both fit on either side. I can check when I get home.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so - are you saying that the top of the caliper (as viewed when actually mounted on the bike) is the part rubbing the rim? <font color="red"> YES </font>

If so - did you loosen the torque link bolts when you installed the new wheel? <font color="red"> what is that?I </font>

I don't know if this would or could be the problem - just grasping at straws right now.

I'm just thinking that maybe if the torque link was locked down so the caliper couldn't move, and you positioned the rear wheel different that where it was, maybe this could cause the prob.
<font color="red"> </font>

You may be right since I have no clue of what the tourque link is

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Perhaps you have the spacers reversed (i.e. the left spacer on the right side and vice versa)? Left to right are different. One has the lip that is in your picture. The other is just a straight spacer with no lip. Maybe flip them around? I can't remember from the top of my head which goes where, but I think they both fit on either side. I can check when I get home.
Post up when you get home please.. I have the lip on the right side and the non lip on the left sporket side.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.