Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm guessing I need a special open ended wrench to adjust my rear preload? How much do these usually sell for and is there another way to do it?

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
this may sound like a daft reply but have you checked under the pillion seat in your tool kit,there should be one in there
if you didnt get the tool kit with the bike then borrow one of friend

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Mine didnt come with a toolkit, so i cant comment on that.

Initially, i used the flat-blade & hammer combo. It's good for loosening the locknut since it's relatively thin.

Then i bought a c-spanner for about $10 USD. IMO, it's worth it, since changes to the rear preload is most noticeable comparing to changes to the front preload and the 4 damping dials.

KaTz

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
1) There is not a spanner in the tool kit.
2) I could not find a spanner to fit on the shock on my 750. The brace on the swingarm was in the way.

You could take the shock off and adjust the preload...

Or do what I did, use a hammer and a big ol flat screw driver. But, mark the nut so you can keep track of how many turns you put in it.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I used the screw driver and hammer but didnt like the idea of maybe breaking a peice off so ive used a large wrench and that has worked fine

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Originally posted by GIXXERUK:
this may sound like a daft reply but have you checked under the pillion seat in your tool kit,there should be one in there
if you didnt get the tool kit with the bike then borrow one of friend
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Definately no C-spanner in my Suzuki tool kit. Mind you, if there was it would be made from a grade of steel that would have been rejected by early iron-age man.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks guys, I was wondering how I would get a wrench in there next to the swingarm brace. I'll try the screwdriver. Are there actually two sections to it? Do I have to loosen the top one first before actually turning the one against the spring?

Sorry, I don't have a manual and my Clymer's doesn't help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts