Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This post is somewhat stupid, but I'm having problems removing the rear light blub lense cover. Whats the trick....I'm about to break the damn thing. I removed the screw on the outer lenses, but it still not moving. Any help would be greatly appreicated, before I screw something up ...thanks

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
You didn't say which model of bike you're trying to screw up.
If its the K5, you will have to remove the entire tail cowl off the bike, because the signal lenses are held in place internally as well, with another screw (one on each side). You can only access the signal light lenses by removing the screws at the front AND the rear before they come off.

Remove the seat, then the tail cowl, then the plastic pop rivets (four altogether, on the underside) and two 10mm bolts from inside the tail cowl. Slide the rear tail assembly off from the rear of the bike. Unplug the tail light connector, and the signal light/license plate light connections and the whole assembly comes off.

Take care to align the tabs on the underside of the tail cowl assembly with the undertray (splash guard) when you re-assemble.

Hope this helps.....

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
You didn't say which model of bike you're trying to screw up.
If its the K5, you will have to remove the entire tail cowl off the bike, because the signal lenses are held in place internally as well, with another screw (one on each side). You can only access the signal light lenses by removing the screws at the front AND the rear before they come off.

Remove the seat, then the tail cowl, then the plastic pop rivets (four altogether, on the underside) and two 10mm bolts from inside the tail cowl. Slide the rear tail assembly off from the rear of the bike. Unplug the tail light connector, and the signal light/license plate light connections and the whole assembly comes off.

Take care to align the tabs on the underside of the tail cowl assembly with the undertray (splash guard) when you re-assemble.

Hope this helps.....

No no no............

Don't do all of this. If it is indeed the K5 you are referring to, the rear signal cover is held on it 2 places, a screw on the bottom and a small plastic tab on top. Remove the screw from the bottom of the cover, then gently push down on the top of the cover as you pull back gently. It may take a little jiggling but it WILL come off, trust me I've put it on and off about a 1/2 dozen times now as I've been futzing around with various LED bulbs for it.

But the way it uses a screwed up type of bulb that is somewhat difficult to get a hold of. It looks like a 1156 bulb, but the tabs on the sides of the bayonet are not 180 degrees apart, they are offset. I believe the bulb is called BAU-something or other.

·
Registered
14 Posts
yeah all you have to do is take the screw out and push down and out. The bulbs are pretty hard to find especially the blue ones i put in mine. They are a very unusual size but they are out there. I found them on ebay for the blue ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts