Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an aftermarket chrome swingarm on my '03 750 and my recent attempts to find a rear hugger that will work with it have left me empty handed. The bolt holes that attach the piece to the right side arm and cross member won't line up or sit fluch with the metal. Has anybody else run into this problem before? Are there any huggers made which only attch to the factory holes for the chain guard? Any insight would be appreciated.

·
Registered
54 Posts
well if you can find one that will mount flush with the swingarm and looks good you could always tap 2 holes of your own...sometimes custom isnt always better as i learned

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well if you can find one that will mount flush with the swingarm and looks good you could always tap 2 holes of your own...sometimes custom isnt always better as i learned
that's what i'm up against right now because the hugger i just purchased requires two holes to be drilled in the swingarm. since the hugger doesn't sit flush, it makes it difficult to drill and the hugger doesn't want to line up with the swingarm on the right side without being pulled over about an inch. i was checking out the huggers from hotbodies and they look like they might be a better fit. anyone use one of those? do they just attach to the frame on the chain side?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts