Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear brake looks bad, and needs to be replaced, but i was driving and all of the sudden my rear brakes were non existent. and i see brake fluid on the rear rotor?

any ideas ?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
okay just so yall know I dont do ANY work on a bike because im a total fuck nut when it comes to Cycles and working on them.

So does this sound like the rear brakes just need to be rplaced? WHY the hell is brake fluid on the rotor.?

thanks

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
okay just so yall know I dont do ANY work on a bike because im a total fuck nut when it comes to Cycles and working on them.

So does this sound like the rear brakes just need to be rplaced? WHY the hell is brake fluid on the rotor.?

thanks
The fluid is there probably because of the caliper piston seals leaking. Your brake needs to be rebuilt, not necessarily replaced.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
yep, sounds like the caliper needs to be rebuilt. You could probably find one for pretty cheap off e-bay if you didn't want to rebuild yours.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Your seals have probably blown, should take about 30 - 45 mins to strip and replace/clean your caliper and new seals if you go to a dealer or a mate. You will also have to replace your brake pads if they are worn and have brake fluid on them. Clean the brake fluid off your discs too.
Check the banjo bolt that connects your brake hose to the caliper hasn't come loose and check for splits in the hose.

You shouldn't need to replace the caliper as long as it isn't craced etc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts