Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello . On my GSXR 1000 , rear brake rotor is so hot avter 10 min raiding that cant even tuch with hand .

I checked that there is no dragg on wheel . Wheel is moving free . If i will use brake wheel does not moves but as soon as i stop pushing brake pedal , wheel is free .

Also i tryed to drive without rear brake and after ride the rotor was cold .

So the result is that there is not any wheel cach or drug but when i am using brake after some of use rear rotor is very hot . What could be the reason of it ?

·
----------------
1,761 Posts
How did you notice this - just decided to randomly touch the rotor or is the thing glowing? Use more front brake, you barely need the rear anyway.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,716 Posts
It sounds like you're only braking with the rear, which is incorrect except in unusual circumstances. If anything, you should only be using the front.

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,860 Posts
I'm confused, are you riding around smashing the rear brake to stop? And why are you touching your rotors to begin with, that's just weird.

·
Registered
349 Posts
umm I learned my lesson many years ago, NEVER TOUCH YOUR ROTORS! I have a scar to prove it today.

They get burning HOT, its supposed to, lol

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,860 Posts
Soak your rotors and pads with oil to reduce friction and keep your rotors cool.

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
OP, where are you from?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts