Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Accurate Butt Dyno
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I enjoy rebuilding, refreshing, generally saving older bikes, I picked up a 1984 Virago 750 recently (non runner for the last 5 years) it was right at that time that the US Gov implemented tariffs on 700cc+ bikes from Japan, so there was no 84 750 model sold in the USA but still sold in Canada, so it’s a bike that doesn’t show up in parts listings or service manuals, anyhow, wanted some information so sought out a Virago forum (ViragoTech) and wholly hell what a bunch of insufferable twats, really made me appreciate the group here and willingness to help out everyone that comes through. Waiting on parts for the build at the moment.

Attachments

·
Registered
Accurate Butt Dyno
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like it's in good hands.

I hate people who keep their garage cleaner than I keep my house lol.
Hahaha, yea, I’m guilty of vacuuming the floor of my garage. 😂

With the whole Covid19 thing and working from home, it was also my office for a few weeks.

Attachments

·
Registered
Accurate Butt Dyno
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool project. What is that sludge in the tank:oops:?
The tank has a considerable amount of flaking rust, so I’m doing an electrolysis treatment on it, fill with water and a table spoon of baking soda for every gallon of water, hook negative battery charge terminal to tank and positive to the metal bar in the fill hole and turn on the charger, the electric current draws rust off the negative and onto the positive. An old trick Iearned from my Dad, cheap and no messy acid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts