Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
In Fact I llike it alot! Looks very sharp and comes with everything including a Damper, hugger, and undertail. I hate the fact that I had to buy everything as after market for my 03 Gix1. I do not like the ZX-10R that much. I still hate the fact that My New 03 Gix1locked up and went down on me.
I love the Black scheme alot... If I had a another choice, I'd buy me this baby.

·
Banned
5,032 Posts
I personally think my 02 gixxer is terblanche ugly. I could give a shit. I can't see it when I'm riding, and riding it is more fun than I have the vocabulary to articulate. If I know Kawi the ZX10 is going to be the new performance king. I might get one. The Honda will be a Honda. Slow and slow steering, very user friendly. Translation: Boring.

·
Registered
98 Posts
ya im goin to stick with suzuki, hondas "new" 1000 looks like the 600rr=translation same dam thing with more stickers, the kawi wich im not a fan of does have a nice color but in a since still looks like the 636, well thats why were diff. the suzuki 1k looks diff from our 600/750. so thats why i got one;)

-jay

·
Registered
502 Posts
im sure the kawy will have alot of motor since the outdated zx 9 had around 132 or 3 at the back tire, as far as peoples tastes there all different obviously. i have never much liked the looks of our gixxers until i put all the aftermarket crap on, i dont get how anyone can like the honda over the ninja unless you hate kawy or just like honda. ya i agree its about performance cause im a track guy, but i still like a nice looking bike. im a racer at heart but i know a good looking bike when i see one. the honda is whacked. [email protected] knows what hes talking about on this one

·
Registered
415 Posts
MOMBO said:
I like that on the GSXR1000 you can change the oil and filter without removing the fairing.
I did the oil and filter at 30 miles. I managed to pull it off without removing the right-side fairing, but I did bend it a good bit while trying to the the factory torqued-to-hell oil filter off.

For future oil changes, I think I'll remove the fairing first.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Brodie55 said:

anyone who has set on a 600rr would say that the bike is THE MOST UNcomfortable bike there is. This 1000 looks to be the same.
I sat on a 636R and its ergos were significantly more uncomfortable than a 954RR. My '03 Gixxer has a riding position a bit more severe than the 954RR, but the seat is infinitely more comforatble than either the 954RR's or the 636R's.

Good lord, could the post window be any smaller? I mean, it feels like it was designed for someone running 320x240 resolution.

·
Registered
257 Posts
The black one doesn't look to bad. I still like my 03 k3 though. Maybe because I am still paying for it and don't even want to think about buying something else :)

Lets see what the numbers look like when the magazines get ahold of it. See how it compares to the Gixxer 1000....

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Did you guys notice the conservative 11500 red line
?? Notice also that it has a radial type steering damper. Is it a 4 or 5 ? It looks like a 4 I think.

Nigel.

·
Premium Member
1,884 Posts
That is one huge upper, and the shift linkage looks retarded.. They must have some reason for it though.. Looks ok but if I wanted a real fast ugly bike I would buy a busa (just kidding). Maybe it will look better in person. I have owned all 4 brands of the jap bikes, and the gsxr motors are the easiest to work on.. I remember the FZR motors were a major pain to work on, and it was easier to buy a new motor then to replace 2nd gear in those damn things..From what I can see, that honda motor looks like a mechanics nightmare, But who knows. I guess I will have to wait and see what they all can do in 2004..

·
Registered
840 Posts
Redline doesnt look promising. Damper doesnt look to be adjustable either - I mean why bother?

MP

·
Registered
290 Posts
To those that think the Suzuki looks better than Honda and Kawi's new offering, please put down the crack step away from the pipe!!!

Suzuki will now be the only manufacturer (and I called this as soon as the '03 pics were released) to have made their newest bikes physically larger, with giant frontal areas, wide tanks, etc. For crying out loud, the 'Busa has a very similar amount of frontal area as the Gix 1k! Suzuki is going in the wrong direction. The Honda and Kawi will run circles around the Gix just on the wheelbase, centralization of mass, and lower C.G.'s.

And, from riding the CBR600RR plenty on the track by now, I can honestly say that I don't give a rats ass how many fasteners the bike has, what a pain it is to work on (it is), or how uncomfortable the bike is to sit on (it's not that bad), because the bike handles like nothing else. You can crank a 600RR so much further on its ear than a Gix 1k without upsetting the bike that it's ridiculous (barring loads of suspension mods). If the CBR1000RR is going to handle anything like its little brother (and the dimensions look close), it won't be beat.

Personally, I'm a Kawi fan, but I had to chime in when I heard so many complaining about the Honda 600 when it is clear that none of them had spent any considerable time on one. I own a Gix 1k and love it. But these new, lighter, smaller liter bikes are going to be great.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Scott_in_FL said:To those that think the Suzuki looks better than Honda and Kawi's new offering, please put down the crack step away from the pipe!!!
Never touch the pipe, and I think the 'zooki is a much better looking machine. If you want another hit, don't let me stand in your way.

Suzuki is going in the wrong direction. The Honda and Kawi will run circles around the Gix just on the wheelbase, centralization of mass, and lower C.G.'s.
LOL! Must be why the magazines HATE IT SO MUCH. Right? Is that why they won the Master Bike comparo, because the bike sucks? Or are you blowing smoke out your ass... I vote...

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
what no racey style bent swingarm

**a few minutes of staring at the pics later**

Actually this one is prettty damn sweet!!

·
Registered
377 Posts
I like the look of the new soon to be RR. My only question is how much will it be? Just for curiousity, I stopped by a Honda dealer and they had the 600RR marked at $8800. I did not pay much more than that for my 03 Gixxer 1K. I like my 03 1K and am not one to chase the next best bike by selling mine, but what is going to be the list on this one? I like the bike and if I didn't have my 03 I might be in the market for one once the stats come out, but I don't think I would pay $2000 more for the Honda over the Gix.

·
Registered
111 Posts
[email protected] said:

Looks like the ZX10R is the way to go......

If these are real and I think they are.............This is the uglyist Honda ever!!!!
looks good to me

21 - 40 of 43 Posts