Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Eye of the beholder, I guess...

If you gave me a ZX-10R I'd sell it the same day...

that Honda in black kinda gives me wood though! (I'd like
it better *all* black, I don't really like the "wing" effect the
different color upper gives
)

Thanks for the pix!

·
Registered
486 Posts
[email protected] said:

Looks like the ZX10R is the way to go......
....or one of the new finely crafted Suzuki products!

Is that a Scott's style steering damper I see on the top of the fork, in front of the tank?
I will say that Honda does put a nice looking swingarm on their newer bikes.

·
Registered
314 Posts
It's not too bad, but it looks like it has to many gadgets and nuts and bolts. I wonder how it would be to work on.

·
Registered
486 Posts
blackzuk said:

It's not too bad, but it looks like it has to many gadgets and nuts and bolts. I wonder how it would be to work on.
Every Honda that I have wrenched on has been a FN pain in the ass!! Try changing the spark plugs on a 929,

Time to bloody those knuckles up or get friendly with your dealer.....

·
Registered
496 Posts
"Looks like the ZX10R is the way to go......"

Looks like the 03 GSXR1000 in Blue or Silver is the way to go...

So far the ZX-10R and this CBR999RR are not to impressive...

The only one left is the new R1 and i still think that the 03 GSXR1000 is going to be better!!!

Mombo

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MOMBO said:

"Looks like the ZX10R is the way to go......"

Looks like the 03 GSXR1000 in Blue or Silver is the way to go...

So far the ZX-10R and this CBR999RR are not to impressive...

The only one left is the new R1 and i still think that the 03 GSXR1000 is going to be better!!!

Mombo
I think this is much better looking that either the GSXR or the RCB.......

·
Registered
496 Posts
Both of the new bikes look like any type of spark plug change or anything other then oil change might be real hard.

I like that on the GSXR1000 you can change the oil and filter without removing the fairing.

And all the other things are very easy to get to...

Mombo

·
Registered
251 Posts
IMHO beauty is as beauty does (and costs). I see no specs, etc but Honda usually finds a way to water down/mess up
potentially good designs. Its a bit cluttered, but I could live with a black one if it works well.

Thanks for the pics Ron! Bring on the new R1! Some very interesting comparos are coming in the mags!

·
Registered
539 Posts
anyone who has set on a 600rr would say that the bike is THE MOST UNcomfortable bike there is. This 1000 looks to be the same.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Funny thing is that the New R1 looks a lot like the CBR 1000. Got the underseat pipe and similar front end. Claims 165 hp. Saw it in a Japanese Masgazine. Should be out in 1-2 more months for us iin Japan.

·
Registered
496 Posts
racerboy said:

Funny thing is that the New R1 looks a lot like the CBR 1000. Got the underseat pipe and similar front end. Claims 165 hp. Saw it in a Japanese Masgazine. Should be out in 1-2 more months for us iin Japan.
racerboy---Can you post a pic of that R1???

Even if the new R1 has 165HP the 03 GSXR1000 has 162HP and that is close enough to be all rider.So i will spank all R1's/ZX-10R's/and CBR999RR's

Mombo

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
bmoney said:

blackzuk said:

Every Honda that I have wrenched on has been a FN pain in the ass!! Try changing the spark plugs on a 929,

Time to bloody those knuckles up or get friendly with your dealer.....
Motherfucker. God damn hondas are such a pain in the ass to wrench on. 19 fasteners to change the oil on a 600rr.

This bike does zero for me. It looks like a chick with 34C tits, a decent face and an ass so wide you'd still not hit it if she took it up the corn chute. Nice on top but too heavy on the bottom.

·
Premium Member
4,453 Posts
Come on guys! Chip I am ashamed in you (being a Honda rider)....

They are not going to use Tokico brakes when Nissin is owned by Honda...

·
Registered
502 Posts
wow is that god dam thing, ugly as hell. I have had to 1k's now and a r1 before that. Including many others, never ever have i been brand loyal like some of you. i have owned so many new rockets it isnt even funny. I have never owned a honda, and im not gonna start either. Looks closer for me to be buying the zx 10, i love that bike so far. i have nothing against honda's but jesus are they blind over there at honda.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts