Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The static timing that is built into the 4000 is different than the 2000. I do not know how much just that it is different. You should check with Dyna to find out.
Bones

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm no Guru but if I understand what you're asking and you're confident about having a strong, well built motor that's still not pinging, then you might/probably have room to advance it a little more without pinging to get those extra horses. If it starts to ping, can you just back it off a little until it doesn't anymore?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
36 degrees is okay..i wouldn't go any higher than that...how much timing are you pulling out when you spray it? i race streetbike shootout and have two stages of nos and i am around 34-36 of total timing...you will do alot better with it if you had some sort of progressive timing retard instead of just pulling it all out at once...if you need help setting it up give us a call and we can help you out...

thanks,
dwayne

·
Registered
221 Posts
I currently run a 1986 1100 with a 1255 piston kit dyna 4000 ignition with built in 2 step,40mm lectrons,ported/polished head with oversized valves,13.5-1 compression,2 stage retard,2 stage N.O.S.,air shifter,shift light,V&H side winder, Rc comp wheels,and a 7" slick on the rear.I am currently running 36 degrees total timing according to my wheel for a 2000 dyna. This seems a little high yet I am not getting any detonation. Do I need a differnt measuring device for the 4000 as compared to the 2000 since the 4000 has 2 pickups instead of one?any Ideas? I don't want to hurt my new motor. I was thinking some where around 32 degrees would be the max. Am I reading it wrong?

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
are you using that little plate that comes with the Dyna2000?

if so it should work fine as a measurement for static timing, but I expect it to be off + or - a bit due its design (bolts to case so there can be a bit of play)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts