Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very interested in investing into some real estate in Vancouver whether it's a single or multi family home. It will be a second home /investment,

Anyone from this area that could chime in on this topic?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Birch said:
Get ready to shell out....the price is bloody ridiculous.
I guess Im expecting this. Cant be much crazier than NY. Just hoping I can buy like a 2 or 3 family and have the income at least break even with the debt.

·
Registered
30 Posts
its quite expensive.. esp if ur wanting to invest in the higher end areas.. do you have an idea about where in vancouver you want to buy a house.. kinda hard to shed light without a lil bit of detail

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kvn said:
its quite expensive.. esp if ur wanting to invest in the higher end areas.. do you have an idea about where in vancouver you want to buy a house.. kinda hard to shed light without a lil bit of detail
I am headed out there in a few weeks. I will have a better idea once I get more familiar with the area.
KVN Do you live there?

·
Registered
31 Posts
typically with Vancouver real estate prices most people have to rent out the basement to supplement the mortgage. I don't think you will be able to get enough rent to break even. look at www.mls.ca for references.
Vancouver r.e. will continue to rise at a steady pace unlike in 2006 (went up 38% or something like that, see www.cmhc.ca statistic report).
in my opinion if you are looking for investiment where 1) rental can cover mortgage 2) strong growth potential, look at Saskatchewan, Saskatoon or Regina. just my opinion. good luck

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
simonw said:
typically with Vancouver real estate prices most people have to rent out the basement to supplement the mortgage. I don't think you will be able to get enough rent to break even. look at www.mls.ca for references.
Vancouver r.e. will continue to rise at a steady pace unlike in 2006 (went up 38% or something like that, see www.cmhc.ca statistic report).
in my opinion if you are looking for investiment where 1) rental can cover mortgage 2) strong growth potential, look at Saskatchewan, Saskatoon or Regina. just my opinion. good luck
great- I will certainlylook into this. Thanks!:cheers

·
Registered
30 Posts
Harlem Broker said:
I am headed out there in a few weeks. I will have a better idea once I get more familiar with the area.
KVN Do you live there?
yeah i live in west vancouver.. but I'm not in town until mid/late august. But if your wanting to invest anywhere on the north shore, be very prepared to pay the price for it lol..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts