Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I no this has been talked about previously, but I need help. I have a 01 1K with a undertail. Like most, after the undertail was installed, the rear cowl rode higher thatn normal. One of the solutions mentioned was to trime the rubber spacers that on the rear under the seat. I have done this and now the rear cowl fits perfecr, but is way loose. It moves around so much that I hear it rattling while riding. Can anyone give me any other solutions that might work. thanks in advance for your help.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
The hook the cowl tab slides into ( attached to subframe near the rear ) I gently bent it down alittle to take the slop away.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I just bought a rear cowl on Ebay...It said that the white piece that you are talking about was missing...No problem, because I have the one off of my old one that was busted up. Got a good deal on it, it gets here and the tabs are gone along with the white piece...Now I am left trying to figure out how to glue this thing on the solo cowl.....Any ideas on what is a good adheisive so that I can glue my white piece onto the solo cowl?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Duramix 4050 is the best plastic adhesive available at most automotive bodywork supply stores.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts