Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what tool would read gsxr k7 ECU easy? Ktag, kess, cmd?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
hello, actually also for k6/k7 is possible to read without having to open it (i've got mine read just via usb/ftdi interface). it is true that years ago, for <k8, only possibile way was to open an hole in it to show the necessary connector

im actually into it, just these days.
I've been told that, having the correct definition file (XDF) for your model, you can easily do it with both ktag, kess, piasini. i was suggested for Piasini 4.3, that seemed to have less problems in checksum calculation

at the end, for my specific situation, i preferred to buy directly an hand-made interface and all the necessary files from guys here Ecu-performance – Original BIN and XDF file for motorbike , that were very supportive. are 3 wires to connect to the ecu

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hello, actually also for k6/k7 is possible to read without having to open it (i've got mine read just via usb/ftdi interface). it is true that years ago, for
im actually into it, just these days.
I've been told that, having the correct definition file (XDF) for your model, you can easily do it with both ktag, kess, piasini. i was suggested for Piasini 4.3, that seemed to have less problems in checksum calculation

at the end, for my specific situation, i preferred to buy directly an hand-made interface and all the necessary files from guys here Ecu-performance – Original BIN and XDF file for motorbike , that were very supportive. are 3 wires to connect to the ecu

View attachment 569998
Nice, and did you read and write tbe same i terface? Do you have link to this cable? Ie ould be interested as trying to cut open ecu not good idea, i have ktag but need complete cables as gsxr uses denso ecu

·
Registered
34 Posts
the link is the one alread provided above, write a mail to those guys, i had a very good experience with them

they send you the cable, and all the necessary files and instructions. you wire it to your ECU, keeping it on the bike. when you want to flash, you just connect your laptop and in 60/70 seconds you flash

yes, interface is the same to read/write. in fact as first step, once the interface is installed, they ask you to do a full reading of your ecu, as backup.

as told before, they told me that this same thing can be done also on bench, with Piasini or similar, but i've decided to go with the cable, becouse i prefer to have my ecu permanently installed on the bike, is a pain to be forced eacg time to pull out the ecu from the bike, and reinstall it

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the link is the one alread provided above, write a mail to those guys, i had a very good experience with them

they send you the cable, and all the necessary files and instructions. you wire it to your ECU, keeping it on the bike. when you want to flash, you just connect your laptop and in 60/70 seconds you flash

yes, interface is the same to read/write. in fact as first step, once the interface is installed, they ask you to do a full reading of your ecu, as backup.

as told before, they told me that this same thing can be done also on bench, with Piasini or similar, but i've decided to go with the cable, becouse i prefer to have my ecu permanently installed on the bike, is a pain to be forced eacg time to pull out the ecu from the bike, and reinstall it
Very good I will contact them thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
3,632 Posts
hello, actually also for k6/k7 is possible to read without having to open it (i've got mine read just via usb/ftdi interface). it is true that years ago, for <k8, only possibile way was to open an hole in it to show the necessary connector
Didn't know that. Good to know that it's possible. (y)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So just a follow up on this I did got a reply from the company mentioned above, but response was a bit not as expected... basically i was offered this "Price for BIN+XDF+istruction for make byself is 150€." So basically a instruction how to make your own cable to read/write :( looks like will be buying woolrich or piasini...

·
Registered
34 Posts
So just a follow up on this I did got a reply from the company mentioned above, but response was a bit not as expected... basically i was offered this "Price for BIN+XDF+istruction for make byself is 150€." So basically a instruction how to make your own cable to read/write :( looks like will be buying woolrich or piasini...

that’s strange, I bought from them the ready-made cable. Is the picture I posted above. I paid more, anyway.

pls, consider that also if you go with piasini or similar,you’ll always will need a XDF file, is Not a thing that is included in those tools (piasini help read and write ecu... but XDF is needed to “see” the options you can change)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts