Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be a massive squid infection that has taken over this boar. Either post something worth while or don't too much posting going on just to see what your title changes to. Some of us might be here to actually discuss first and second geration gsxr 750 and 1100's and to help others with their bikes\projects or garner further inforamtion for ones own bike\project. This website soon will be called squid.com, it is very sad to see the squid infection taking hold in this forum. it is very sad to see that instead of going to the local hangout and posing squids now come here and pose online(albeit this is safer for them) the internet is a wonderful tool for garnering information, making contacts and aquiring parts. How many squids here on gixxer.com actually have a motorcycle? It verily seems to me that a good majority have nothing relevant to say they come here a post and post and post to watch their title change. Fine but please keep it out of the oil cooled forum.
-Karl

[ 08-05-2002, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: Simon Orttan ]

·
Registered
144 Posts
THANK YOU!!!!!! what is it with all of the KATANA
questions lately? i thought this was for those of us who have the sack to ride a gixxer (or 3
). if this site has changed to KATANA.COM, please let me know!

·
Premium Member
838 Posts

Well said,if any one has a problem let us know. We will try and fix it ASAP.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Katana, Bandit, GSXR - they're all brothers. Many parts mix and match easily. Not sure why you all get so offended?

Now if someone asked about a Honda question then I'd say that person was a tad lost and needed to be directed to a different site.

·
Registered
978 Posts
THERE is nothing like a gsxr

kanatuna ,bandet what the fuck is going on
i thought this was the oilcooled board i must be lost or stoned

i must be stoned couse it says OILCOOLED

MY 2 cents
jimmy

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hey, Don't rip into the Kat's too hard boys.
My bike may not look like a GSXR but it's more
GSXR than Kat.

Adrock.

·
Registered
316 Posts
So I guess I shouldn't discuss that rad 3 gear wheelie that I did while lane sharing today. Or the 4 state police chase I was involved in either.

Hmm maybe I should go to the general section to post this stuff with the other squids...

I must say that I am happy not to see that kind of garbage here on the o/c forum, although I must admit that I do visit the general forum for a good laugh often.

I do feel though that kats and banditos are close enough to be welcome here as long as they dont get too rowdy.

-Dave

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Chill Karl. If "squids" start posting total BS then Mr Tris & I will put a halt to it faster than new pads in six-piston brakes.

As for all the Katuna & BLandit questions...I encourage them in this forum. That's a gixxer's heart beating in the body of those machines...and I'm sure there are riders of those bikes that could teach us Old-Skoolers a thing or two about getting more power or better handling.

Of all people you should be first to cut people slack with the mutant you have brewing in your Rubbermaid containers.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
katanas and bandits are oilcooled!!!so what's the problem with them posting and adding to the soup here in the oilcooled forum...fyi, the first streetbike to run in the 7's was a bandit(b12)not a gsxr, hayabusa, etc...we built a '93 katana 1100 motor and stuck it in a '91 gsxr 1100 outlaw chasis and when it was all said and done it's best pass down the track was 7.55 @ 191
...not bad for a katana motor...

dwayne

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Simon Orttan:
Chill Karl. If "squids" start posting total BS then Mr Tris & I will put a halt to it faster than new pads in six-piston brakes.

As for all the Katuna & BLandit questions...I encourage them in this forum. That's a gixxer's heart beating in the body of those machines...and I'm sure there are riders of those bikes that could teach us Old-Skoolers a thing or two about getting more power or better handling.

Of all people you should be first to cut people slack with the mutant you have brewing in your Rubbermaid containers.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">whoh, Simon, I don't have any probs with enigne swap, trans swap, all that and yeah, I do have a big mean mutant growing in my garage, I think everybody knows what kind of BS I am talking about...
btw, how about a 3rd moderator for oil-cooled, I nominate myself
-Karl

·
Registered
461 Posts
Originally posted by OilCooler92:
I do feel though that kats and banditos are close enough to be welcome here as long as they dont get too rowdy.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I think Kats and (ass)bandits
ahould be more than welcome here.
I have not really noticed any squidliness here.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Gee and I thought there already were a bunch of squids at this site. Now you say there are more around and abouts? Someone get the poison! Geezzz...

Oh I don't think some of you realize that Kats and Bandits ARE oil cooled.

Not like theres a load of traffic here in the air/oil section.

Lastly, I belong to one of the largest Bandit/Kat sites out there, and they have accepted me without question even though I own an oldschool GSXR as they consider it the forefather of their bikes. Some of you should get over yourselves, there are many very knowlegable oil cooled owners out there that don't own gixxers that could contribute a load of info to this forum and it's members. However posts like this do nothing but alienate some memebers and might keep others from posting.

Of course if thats the way the mods want it, it's their site to do with as they please.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
I have not seem any of the Squid questions...Whats the best glue to hold fur on my Katana? What is the max allowable weight of a fat girl in a thong on my Bandit? What are the best flip-flops for hard canyon riding? What Mousse (I had to look in my daughters room to spell that one) to keep my hair looking good while I ride at 90+ with no helmet?
We are all oil cooled and some of the parts from Katanas and Bandits are even better than on our "real" GSXR's
Lets keep the squid questions in the Genaral Fourm and Oil Cooled (GSXR,Katana,Bandit) questions here. A buddy has a Bandit that has 91 1100 USD forks, GSXR 1100 swingarm, Six piston calipers, and lots more. I think that we are not getting to far from our GSXR roots to allow some Katana (I love your Katana, Adrock) and Bandit questions. Rember that our GSXR's are really a different bike that the new cookie cutter bikes. We do not like them knocking our bikes so letts not knock others.
Bones

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.