Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

re: 1000 speed sensor

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  BillV 
#1 ·
re: 1000 speed sensor

Hi guys, I am doing a custom build and want to install a csxr 1000 3 wire speed sensor to a rotoscope pro, here is my question, do I just connect to power, and ground then signal wire to the motoscope pro or is there something I am missing?
thanks

#3 ·
Re: 1000 speed sensor

csxr 1000? Is that the Chinese clone? The sensor output just switches between 0 and the supply voltage. It ought to work as long as the rotoscope/motoscope pro is OK with a 12 V signal.

0:)
Funny guy, that was a typo, are you saying that there is no need to worry, does it work different on the 1000 GSXR, and is there a way to test the sensor to see if it works?
Thanks

#4 ·
Re: 1000 speed sensor

"is there a way to test the sensor to see if it works?"

Yes. See a service manual. The test procedure is described in the Electrical>Combination meter>Inspection>Speed Sensor section. You need a voltmeter, 12 V supply, 10 kΩ resistor, and a screwdriver. I think that Suzuki has been using the same sensor on many models for some time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.