·
Registered
9,968 Posts

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
25/25 job--25 feet or 25 mph it'll look ok

At least I got the lines and numbers plates good.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Looks good. I should be posting my rattle can job this weekend.

The orange peel provides better aerodynamics.....like a golf ball's dimples

·
Premium Member
4,723 Posts
Looks okay for a spray bomb, but if you plan on painting with a "automotive" type paint later on, they rattle can crap will be a pita to get off...

Otherwise

R

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
im ashamed of you.

looks good

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
Adam you really need pictures of racing, boobs, ,, ,actually BOTH in your bat-cave!!

screw it, paint looks good enough for guberment work

although you shoulda let me do it I have mad rattle can skillz

and nice snowboard dude, SKATE OR DIE!!!!!!

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oh boy... the room looks great man!
no, oh girl

and i had nothing to do with it. my parents came over and did all the painting and decorating.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Did you go with a flat black and then try and clear it? Looks kind of milky.....but it is a race bike, not in to win a bike show
That's what it looks like in the pictures, but could be wrong......

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did you go with a flat black and then try and clear it? Looks kind of milky.....but it is a race bike, not in to win a bike show
That's what it looks like in the pictures, but could be wrong......
no, gloss black and then cleared.

i used a triple thick glaze clear which is pretty glossy but the flash on the camera reflected a lot in the pics. looks better in person.

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
looks like my room at home

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
It'll be great after it dries... sometime in 2006

Screw it - rattle-canned battle-axes intimidate the competition! Pretty bikes are for posers

If this doesn't work out wear-wise, and you ever have to rattle-can again, try Krylon Ultra-Flat. It's the only spray-paint I've used that actually holds up (somewhat) to abuse. It dries QUICK. And it gives you that rough cat-tongue like texture that the girlies just love

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I used the Krylon Fusion stuff. Its designed for plastics and dries really fast.

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
I used the Krylon Fusion stuff. Its designed for plastics and dries really fast.
Oh - that's cool. I've been wanting to try that! I'm interested to hear how it holds up

(damn I feel white trash... I'm all excited about trying out a new type of spray paint)

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just for the record, I have a good proper paint gun, as well as a ventilated and filtered booth to do work.

I just didn't want to spend $150+ on paint, clear, reducer, hardener, etc. Just not justifyable for only one bike. For $50 more I could have someone else do it and save me the time.

$20 in rattle cans I could justify, after all, I already had two sets of bodywork painted before Daytona--can't swing a third.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts