Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some of the guys here did rattle can jobs. I would love to see some pictures if possible, because this is what I will be doing all winter. My thing is though, I have see some good looking colors (new '07 Gixxer red and blue) that I like, but my paint is going to be a rattle can. So how can I get a color like that? Where should I look, thanks guys

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
For not much money and a little more elbow grease you CAN shoot paint fairly well, and MUCH better than a spray paint can... I know this is isnt what you wanted to hear, so sorry, but honestly, if you have a compressor available (even a garage one) just get ahold of a decent spray gun, some primer, and a color or two.

That, or do the prepwork yourself and have someone else shoot the paint, if you prep it all yourself (sand and prime, which could be done with a rattle can if you are detailed and good) and take it to seomeone else for the shooting. I've gotten quotes for almost $700 for everything, $2-300 if I sand and prime. Just my 2 cents. Good luck getting the same quality out of spray can (I'm not saying that to be discouraging or sarcastic, I really mean it, good luck to you!)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.