Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

141 - 160 of 160 Posts

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Here, insurance and reg are different. My insurance for all three vehicles (full coverage) is $2,600/year.

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
I pay 2800/yr for insurance. Rat bastards. 115/month on the car, and 20/month on the bike.

I was going thru progressive for both. As some of you know, I got a hefty speeding ticket last summer. When it came time to renew my car insurance, progressive jumped my price from 115 to 165 monthly. I promptly, and rather rudely told them to get fucked and switched to esurance which put me back down to 115. I'm from Michigan. Michigan's insurance laws (no fault, no medical services cost cap) make it one of the highest in the country.

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,745 Posts
Going off that rego and insurance is all paid together no ???

Insurance is very high , though the actual reg is very low ... $44.25 , though I fail to see how they can charge you that much for a supersport regardless of age/rating statue of rider/owner !!!!
Well yes, there's the government's insurance due to no-fault here in Quebec. The government insurance is what pays for any personal injuries. It's actually a great system because it eliminates recreational suing altogether... which I believe is the national sport in the US :lol

But you still aren't allowed to operate a car or bike without normal private insurance for public liability / property damage (minimum) and then it's up to you if you want collision, theft fire etc...

That's not so bad though. I had 3 cars and 2 bikes on my policy at one point with full coverage on 2 of the cars and it was only <$1100 for the year. Being old has to have SOME advantages.

But it's fucking CRAZY expensive for bikes because so many morons jump on sportbikes and wad themselves up. We have 100% free health care so squids cost taxpayers big time when guys like tater haul their busted ass to the ER. Then when they're healed-up, the government will PAY them for any permanent injuries / scars based on a fixed scale.

I got paid $10K in 1997 after a tankslapper threw me down at $140kms, AFTER a lengthy stay in the ICU, then downgraded to the trauma unit. So while it sucks, it's necessary. I probably cost the taxpayers $100-150K because I wasn't wearing gear :suicide

·
Administrator
13,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Very interesting ... I actually don't mind the way Canada have the insurance setup ... over here you can drive/ride without insurance and hope for the best , which a lot do , crazy

·
Administrator
13,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Random gripe for today ... cost of fuel atm in Australia , fucking thieving cunts

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,745 Posts
Filled up a vehicle yesterday ... $1.60 a litre

Damn, I thought we had it rough. Currently regular is $1.36.

It's even worse here in Belgium, we're at €1.64 per liter (1.84 USD/L) :gaah
Holy crap.... that's $2.47 CAD! $1.10 more than me. Insane.

·
Administrator
13,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
It's even worse here in Belgium, we're at €1.64 per liter (1.84 USD/L) :gaah
Hwy robbery ... it especially hurts me when I have a fleet of bikes , private vehicles AND work vehicles.

I spend around $600-800 in fuel a week ... the loan vehicles for the workshop is the worst/most costly

·
Registered
110 Posts
93 octane is around 3.60 something a gallon around here. It’s pretty high in my opinion I remember when gas was under a dollar a gallon

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,058 Posts
When Suzuki Low RPM Assist causes me to stall....
haaaaaaaa my fuckin 2017 1000 R has done that to me a few times, usually when just rolling, fuckin annoying isn't it!? :LOL:

141 - 160 of 160 Posts