Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lol... Sorry to hear that. How long after you put gas back in did the bike fire back up?

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Originally posted by sleaford:
Just for reference, I have a 97 gix 6 with a 96 750 engine and cams, pipe, jetting. It pushes ok.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">165 miles...yur joking.....right..?

·
Registered
788 Posts
It fired up no problem, I only had to push 1/2 block in Berkeley, CA. It really was 165 miles (on the trip meter), the milege is not good when I run it hard and the airbox mod required richer jets but it runs well. This is no 4.95 gallon tank though, unless the fuel pump missed something or the Chevron fuel pump is inaccurate (It said 4.705 gal).

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Realizing that yur motor has carbs..and mine FI..I'd be lucky to get 130 mi out of a tank..

Even when I had my 97 600..165 was hard to get.

Not to say you didn't get 165..I just wish I could..

Oh..try pushin a bike with 2 flats, a bent frt. rim, and bent rotors.....up HILL....

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
Originally posted by Hammer 4:
Realizing that yur motor has carbs..and mine FI..I'd be lucky to get 130 mi out of a tank..

Even when I had my 97 600..165 was hard to get.

Not to say you didn't get 165..I just wish I could..

Oh..try pushin a bike with 2 flats, a bent frt. rim, and bent rotors.....up HILL....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">In 0 degree weather, with the wind blowing at 70mph, and its snowing! Uphill both ways! Back in my day . . .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts