Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
For me ram air is definitely needed, and my bike takes good advantage of it. Even better when the air is cold and dry. You could go without it, but for me the difference is obvious and I would always use it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
For me ram air is definitely needed, and my bike takes good advantage of it. Even better when the air is cold and dry. You could go without it, but for me the difference is obvious and I would always use it.
so, for me, just tooling along to work at around 70 - 85 mph, its no biggie to not have the ducts?

·
Banned
3,858 Posts
Lean
let me explain correctly.... I seal where the ducts conect with chassis and where the airbox conects with chassis with duct tape.

hope that explains your question...

Good work, I do the same thing. What about the water drain holes in the airbox?

·
Loves MASSIVE CASCADES of jizz on his face
5,361 Posts
so, for me, just tooling along to work at around 70 - 85 mph, its no biggie to not have the ducts?
Having the ducts installed helps route cooler air that's not heated by the engine, to your airbox. :shifty

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
So if we modded our track fairings and had bigger ram tubes to catch more air we would get more power ?

Probably not. Pressure and volume are not the same thing, and are not always complimentary to each other.

The location and size is what determines the pressure created in the airbox.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I saw a beautifull K9 superbike, from a famous racer that roadracing world was testing and the ducts where very smoth, very straight, also the fairing intakes where very smooth, like a bell.......
must see....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Stupid question- in a recent get off on my GSXR, I cracked one of the ducts. Does anyone see a problem with simply using adhesive to glue it back together or do I have replace it entirely?

Figured I'd ask ...

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,630 Posts
You may have problems finding an adhesive that keeps it held together but it should otherwise be OK. Note that you don't want any flakes breaking off and flying into the airbox. Depending on where the crack is, duct tape on the outside would work. Try to keep the inside surfaces clean. Having said all that, they're not that expensive. Can't you find a used one?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts