Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While most posers, midgets, and drag racers like to lower their bikes, I have decided to lift / raise my bike so I can take her off-roading with some buddies who off-road in lifted 4x4s. How much ground clearance would I need do you think? How could I go about extending the fork tubes and swingarm? Is there a site sponsor that sells lift kits? Also, I need to get a 2 wheel drive system and install a winch where the rear cowl sits in case I decide to do some rock climbing as well. I am also thinking about installing a light bar that can double as a rolld cage. Need help! What do you guys think? Any suggestions? Thanks,

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
Ya want to be careful messing with the geometry. Get it too high and it'll just tip over at the least breeze running through the mountain passes. I'd keep it no more than four feet of clearance. Should be able to get over most boulders. Don't forget to extend your sidestand. You're going to need a way to keep it upright while you climb your ladder to get on it. Look into aftermarket chopper-dirtbike accessories for fork extenders. A stretched swingarm mounted vertically should take care of the back end.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
You've been watching Torque again haven't you? Nothing like a nice Aprilla RSV Mille dual-sport conversion.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
You should get airbags for lift, that way you can lift it way up if you need a lot of clearance but you can also let it back down for those smaller hills and rocks. I think Yamaha already has a 2 wheel drive conversion that you will have to steal but the real crime is not having it, right?

·
Registered
298 Posts
almost mounted up a knobby on the gixxer just to see how much of a rooster tail can be produced, a little lift could help. Sent an email to rancho, maybe they'll develope a 4" lift for the gixxer...

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
Get it too high and it'll just tip over at the least breeze running through the mountain passes.
try wearing stilts with little shopping cart wheels on the bottom. that should make it easier to get on and off, plus you can use them instead of your training wheels - 100% more coolness.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
almost mounted up a knobby on the gixxer just to see how much of a rooster tail can be produced, a little lift could help. Sent an email to rancho, maybe they'll develope a 4" lift for the gixxer...
27 posts?!?

Anways, I am thinking of putting some hydraulics on with a the batteries in place of my rear cowl and mounting the switches onto my gas tank. Think that will work?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts