Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the bike used and it is lowered 2 inches in the front and 3 inches in the rear.
The front forks are lowered through the thripple trees and I need to know if it's possible for me to get it back to stock height or do I need to take it to the stealership?
The rear is lowered via an adjustable lowering link that has 4 holes for adjustments including stock.
How do I remove the bolt and set this?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
the front is easy, just support the bike loosen the bolts on the upper and lower triples and slide the forks down. 5mm of tube showing above the upper is a good place to start. the easiest way for the rear is to support the subframe so the rear tire is of the ground and can be moved independently from the rest of the bike. remove the bottom bolt on the dogbones and move the swing arm to the desired hole. some friends make this way easier but it can be done alone with strength or some levers to move thing remotely

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
boostenlebaron said:
the front is easy, just support the bike loosen the bolts on the upper and lower triples and slide the forks down. 5mm of tube showing above the upper is a good place to start. the easiest way for the rear is to support the subframe so the rear tire is of the ground and can be moved independently from the rest of the bike. remove the bottom bolt on the dogbones and move the swing arm to the desired hole. some friends make this way easier but it can be done alone with strength or some levers to move thing remotely
Thanks for the reply.
How should I support the front?
I loosened the tripple trees and the steering levers and I pulled up on the handle bars til I was blue in the face and it wouldn't buldge. :(
Maybe I am not supporting the front end correctly?

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
well for the front end, they can get all cockeyed and be catching. if you have stands try that.

if you have just a rear stand, put it on a rear stand, then use a floor jack and a peice of wood under the oil pan and raise the bike from underneath.

just make sure you loosen the 4 bolts on the left and right lower triple tree, and the 2 bolts on the upper triple on the left and right. and yes, don't forget the clipons as well, but they shouldn't get in the way of the forks going down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.