Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a 2000 600 and it is low! some chick had it and it looks to be lowered about 2" and with me sitting on it ( im 6'2" 205lbs ) its about 2" off of the ground. it needs to come up. the frunt looks easy, but what about the back? i talked to the chicks boyfriend about raising it back up and he mentioned something about the "wishbone" but didnt go into much detail. can somebody PLEASE tell me in detail how to lift the ass end of my bike? thanks

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
The rear is lowered with "dogbones", a part of the rear suspension linkage. You need the stock length dogbones, #13 on this pic - Suzuki part numbers and all is on there:

Click

·
Registered
436 Posts
wishbone....LMMFAO!!!!! for a truely high rear...you could install a bigger shock...like a 1000 or a hayabusa's shock... that would raise the rear alot! i doubt you need to raise the front though....just put the stock dogbones on or get the adjustable ones... with them you can raise it or lower it, or keep it stock!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
c'mon man bare with me after all i am new, and trying to learn.. i guess my main question was with the stock dogbones can you adjust the ride height? i would just like to keep the bike at a stock height.. i cant even go over speed bumps without it bottoming out. thanks for the help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.