Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
size doesn't always matter.

same problem with people thinking they need 1000cc to start with. besides less fluid, smaller size = less weight on the bike!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I wouldn't use a 600 radiator, although it should bolt right up. The 600 radiator is quite a bit smaller and the 750 runs on the warm side already.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
haha you all... just b/c the 750's is bigger doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the 600, nor is there anything wrong with running the 750's. Its going to be the same. and what is "on the warm side"... your bike isn't made to run at 150degrees anyhow...

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
"On the warm side" means anytime it's over about 75 degrees and I'm stuck in traffic for a few minutes it goes up to 225 degrees and the fan comes on and it fries my leg.

Bigger radiators cool better (more surface area to disispate the heat), that's why they make different sizes for different bikes.

:)

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
haha SITTING in traffic on a busy street in the heat, any bike is going to go up to 225 degrees. run some better fluid... not to mention your bike isn't going to blow up at 225, and it immediatly cools down again after you get moving.

the bike is fine with the radiator they put on it..

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
gimpsta said:
haha SITTING in traffic on a busy street in the heat, any bike is going to go up to 225 degrees. run some better fluid... not to mention your bike isn't going to blow up at 225, and it immediatly cools down again after you get moving.

the bike is fine with the radiator they put on it..
HAHA Where did I say it wasn't fine with the factory radiator? What exactly is "better fluid"? It has a tendency to get hot quick so I wouldn't recommend putting a SMALLER radiator on it (from a 600) which is all I said. It already gets hot quicker than a 600 and it has a bigger radiator.

I guess, in your mind, you are the only one that is allowed to express an opinion or share knowledge based on experience here.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
no, i'm just able to think outside of the box sometimes.

better fluid? shop around...

its NOT an opinion its fact. its just you all think having a bigger radiator is going to make the bike better off. You said it yourself that you wouldn't use a 600 radiator as if it would have something wrong with it or something.

again, what comes on the bike is more the plenty for the bulk of any rider out there and that goes for about anything on the bike. to many of you get wrapped around seeing numbers over 200 and you freak... again sitting in traffic, what do you want to see? nice cool air - get a goldwing with A/C.. so knock it off, if you want to put a bigger one DO IT - but don't try and make an argument that there is something actually deficient with the smaller one, b/c there isn't. If anything,over all it would be lighter if your counting every ounce if weight savings for the bike.

I'm guessing your one of those that goes to the store and will pick from the box of condoms labeled X-tra large?

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
DaveX said:
I wouldn't use a 600 radiator, although it should bolt right up. The 600 radiator is quite a bit smaller and the 750 runs on the warm side already.
so this of coarse wouldn't mean anything more then what....? just what is says maybe?? like i said, use what ever you have available, but don't NOT shop for a 600 radiator. I love reading signatures here and people will have listed "750 radiator mod" for their 600's.. i just laugh. If your having heat issues, maybe you should get a bicycle if all your travel is that slow and that boring and the bike is that hott and its affecting you.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Your an insecure idiot. Your "You all" comments pretty much sums you up. You think you know everything and everyone else has no clue. Your the same guy that said 2mm of chain slack was plenty.

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
DaveX said:
Your an insecure idiot. Your "You all" comments pretty much sums you up. You think you know everything and everyone else has no clue. Your the same guy that said 2mm of chain slack was plenty.

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you.
2mm of chain slack? wow, that's really small

here is what i said...

sit backwards on your bike pull the swingarm to you compressing the rear suspension almost as far as you can.. Then have someone see if your chain still has just a bit of freeplay - and that's not yanking it up and down - freeplay.

If i'm wrong, i guess you can tell Traxxion Dynamics to change their ways then??

i'm not always right.. i just don't listen to random people and their "feelings" - when they make no sense.

so go back to coloring..

·
Can Never Be Another GDC
1,701 Posts
There is not QUITE A DIFFERENCE in size between the 600 and 750 radiators!

I just swapped engines to a 750 and I'm keeping the 600 radiator. When you are moving there will be barely any difference, and while sitting at idle you will heat up anyways. You could put a buick radiator on your bike and let it sit there, it will still get hot and "burn your leg". What do you expect? People chop off like 3-5 inches of there rad for a turbo kit and they still cool the engine fine.:hammer Just **** gimp said, if you are worrying about your poor leg getting burned then ride a damn bicycle :lol

Just get a cheap 600/750 rad and use it, end of discussion :drool

·
Registered
148 Posts
Well...
I ran a 600 rad on my 750 for a while. With an airtemp around 75F the engine was around 187F cruising (not towntraffic).
With the 750 rad the temp went down to 173F with the same air temp.
So yes, there is a difference.

When the engine goes beyond 180 You lose power. Check on the dyno next time.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
majtii said:
Well...
I ran a 600 rad on my 750 for a while. With an airtemp around 75F the engine was around 187F cruising (not towntraffic).
With the 750 rad the temp went down to 173F with the same air temp.
So yes, there is a difference.

When the engine goes beyond 180 You lose power. Check on the dyno next time.
ok, so go out side and only ride your bike when its 50 out... or better yet when you want to push it and go fast, you'd better pull over every chance you get and let the bike cool down... right? wrong again

look at yourself... your talking about 187 and 173.. for one, that was THAT day. 2nd - both radiators did what they are meant to do and worked perfectly, thank you for finally proving my point. They are racing machines and when you push them hard on a track, never going below 10k RPM's you tell me how often your pretty bike is below 180 ;) - but since we know 99% of sportbikes are riddin on the street just to make it to the next Starbucks... I don't think the 1hp loss you created for YOUR dyno, will make any freaking difference...

and Dave... thx for the pic. who ever said that they aren't diff in size? you forget I have a 750 AND a 600. I know the freaking diff. And I also know they both do what they are designed to do. If you want to run below 180 everywhere you go, i suggest you move to either of the poles and get some spiked tires...

i'm just hoping you didn't rip those out of some poor kids bike just to show us the bigger 750? you two must be missing the point or something... again show me where the 600 is unable to do its job and unable to perform and keep up with the cooling to keep the bike in safe operation for all lvls of riding? Now that we are on the same pg.. run either radiator, just don't toss the 600 it'll work fine.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.