Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
situation is that my radiator fan does not turn...
because supposebly the fan turns on when the motor is very heated.......now what is the tempetaure for the motorcycles radiator fan to kick in?
and if it dosent turn on ...... what could be the problem......?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Ok mine comes on 105 degree celcius which is close enough to what the book says. You could have a problem with the thermostat in which case you'll need to test it by boiling it in a beaker of vege oil or similar to see if it completes the circut within the specified temp. range Check you manual or other posts to get the details for this test.

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
fan kicks on at about 216 (deg F) I think ?

check the fuses, and the fan plugs in at the top of the radiator and should loop around the stiffener at the steering neck...

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Well I as said at about 216 to 220...

If it doesnt come on, do this. Lift the tank, under the airbox is the thermostat housing. There should be a plug in the side and the back of it. Unplug the one in the back of it, and jump the two wires, turn the bike on, The fan should turn on. If it doesnt, then you have other problem, if it does turn on then your thermo switch is bad.

John

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Originally posted by RoadRash:
is there a dissadvantage to running the fan all the time?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The charging systems are not THAT strong on the bikes... Also, it takes power to make power... So if you run the fan all the time it take more power to make enough power to run the fan.. This will take power away from the rest of the system and that would make less HP...

This is why you see a lot of drag racers run less lights...

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts