Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all, just seeing if anyone can help. I have a gsxr 750 k4 I replaced the radiator as its 16 years old and full or crap. With the new one reconnected the and when getting the bike upto 107 degrees the fan won't kick in I have replaced the cooling fan switch connector and have used a jumper wire to cross over the 2 connectors to test the fan and it kicks in when doing this. Any ideas would be great. Thank you

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,841 Posts
Fuses good? Power getting to the thermal switch? Did you reuse the switch or did the new radiator come with one installed? If that radiator was used, that switch might be bad.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuses good? Power getting to the thermal switch? Did you reuse the switch or did the new radiator come with one installed? If that radiator was used, that switch might be bad.
Fuse is all good, radiator is brand new. How do you test if power is getting to thermal switch?

·
13,841 Posts
Which has nothing to do with the switch. Why do people ask for guidance, then when given said guidance go do something else?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Which has nothing to do with the switch. Why do people ask for guidance, then when given said guidance go do something else?
Because I just double checked with my partner and he's replaced the switch and I hadn't realised. So going to try bleeding it as read on other sites that it could be the problem.

·
13,841 Posts
Seriously? A good switch and a bad switch will act the same when there's no power.... FFS

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A stated above there's power to the fan as when following the haines manual the test you do with a jumper wire the fan works... Wow no need to be soo rude!!

·
13,841 Posts
Not sure what the Haynes manual says to do, but the factory manual has you test the fan from the battery and not the switched circuit. What does the Haynes manual say about testing the switch?

·
13,841 Posts
I don't know about the older models, but the newer bikes don't kick on until 220, so I'd think you're fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts