Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
They do look nice. A few comments:
I made one for my K6 years ago from stainless screen. I found it possible to have one screen for both radiators, which simplified things. I posted pics here somewhere. Don't know if that's possible on yours.
The bike already has enough logos IMO. That one right in the middle of the oil cooler is going to hurt its effectiveness.
I hope that you cut them out of stainless instead of aluminum, which is too weak. However that laser gives you the ability to cut them out of grade 5 titanium with little additional cost. I priced titanium screen and it was insane.

Just my opinion. It's your bike so suit yourself.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
They do look nice. A few comments:
I made one for my K6 years ago from stainless screen. I found it possible to have one screen for both radiators, which simplified things. I posted pics here somewhere. Don't know if that's possible on yours.
The bike already has enough logos IMO. That one right in the middle of the oil cooler is going to hurt its effectiveness.
I hope that you cut them out of stainless instead of aluminum, which is too weak. However that laser gives you the ability to cut them out of grade 5 titanium with little additional cost. I priced titanium screen and it was insane.

Just my opinion. It's your bike so suit yourself.
They are cut out of 316 stainless steel I looked at titanium yeah expensive but we have loads of stainless offcuts at work which are free馃檪 I made them separate as the oil cooler one is actually fixed to the plastic panel where there was rubbish looking mesh. Do you still have your k6? I used to have a k5 troy corsa rep lovely bike

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Nice grill. Did you thought of powder coating it?
Thought it looked nice as it is. I did think about it as we have a powder coat plant at work as well so always getting stuff done lol but thought it would chip off being as it's just behind the wheel.

I like it as is. There are ways to blacken stainless or, with titanium, to get various colors via anodizing. The quality looks good enough that if you have access to the laser and scrap stainless, you probably could sell them. It would take some effort to nail down the exact design with issues like mounting and avoiding rubbing against wiring. Racers, particularly the higher end ones, use them. Not the best picture but here they are on Mladin's K9.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
I like it as is. There are ways to blacken stainless or, with titanium, to get various colors via anodizing. The quality looks good enough that if you have access to the laser and scrap stainless, you probably could sell them. It would take some effort to nail down the exact design with issues like mounting and avoiding rubbing against wiring. Racers, particularly the higher end ones, use them. Not the best picture but here they are on Mladin's K9.
I made the rad cover to bolt on where the rad bolts on to the bike it is a perfect fit also the oil cooler is held on with push fit rivets to the plastic panel as the original mesh was I was thinking about selling some i also made a exhaust hanger bracket and a gsxr and ninja parking only sign that i put up in my shed laser machine is real good 馃憤 you can just see the sign on the back wall I thought it was a nice touch

I didn't do it this way as I think some separation between the radiator and the screen is better, but the racers tend to just use wire ties to attach the screen directly to the core.

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah it sits about just off the rad only about 2mm I made some before for my old aprilia rsvr mille they were held on with wire ties

1 - 20 of 23 Posts