Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been a musician since I was in the 3rd grade.... Drum Captin of largest drumline at the time in CO HS bands, winner of Semper Fi award for musical excellence, toured, opened up for some hero's, probably played 500 shows in my life(no shit), accepted to multiple fine arts college's ect.ect.
Ever since I quit playing in bands I still would record in my home studio. I still love music and all but.....

Racing has taken up all of my extra time, money and love. I have not had the want to do much musically in over a year. I wanna ride fast, I wanna dice it up, I wanna bump with other bikes through the turns I WANNA RACE

I have been thinking of this for a while and decided to do it. I put up a ton of my studio up for sale for racing fundage!!!!!

Man oh man I never thought I would do something like this. I am keeping the core of my instruments and my old digital 4 track just to get me by but damn this hobby damn it!!!!
I will rebuild the studio again. Once we get a house and figure out where the hell we will live I will buy another kit (sold it a few years back), I will rebuild the whole studio!!

Anyway, I have been thinking of this for a while and this is where my main interest is now and I am happy about it. Just.... God damn God damn God damn you racing

Flesh

·
Bearded Admin call him Grizzly
88,756 Posts
my sig says it all

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
yea bro i wish i could say thats stupid or your a dumass but i think we are all in the same boat

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
Flesh--just be smart about it. Don't sell off big assets in order to pay for intangibles and consumables such as entry fees and tires.

If you're going to liquidate big ticket items that you care about, use it to purchase equipment/tools/bikes/parts that have value and are resellable.

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, again I have thought this over. It is what I want.
Plus once we do get a house and a new home town I won't be stuck in a tiny room with no acoustics and playing the drum parts on a damn keyboard or just looping drum patterns I recorded at a buddies

It is an evil addiction though lol

·
Registered
9,174 Posts
Flesh--just be smart about it. Don't sell off big assets in order to pay for intangibles and consumables such as entry fees and tires.

If you're going to liquidate big ticket items that you care about, use it to purchase equipment/tools/bikes/parts that have value and are resellable.
This is EXCELLENT advice.

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
dam that was so good advise from adam

·
88,756 Posts
i've been around the block once or twice

that must of taken a while with those itty bitty legs

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
Adams been around the block a few times and had a long time to think about it - because he's so slow!!

no, he's right though. i've racked up CC debt and dont really have a whole lot of resellable stuff to show for it all.. but i'm young dumb and dont give a fuck

·
88,756 Posts
i've been around the block once or twice

that must of taken a while with those itty bitty legs
my itty bitty legs on my itty bitty bike will put big ass bike lengths on you though.

I so need a new bike that runs well and isnt tired

·
88,756 Posts
I so need a new bike that runs well and isnt tired
you have one, you just choose to not race it

if your talking about the 1k, your right I wont race it, way too much money in it and I dont feel im ready for it on the track in a race situation

·
Registered
6,418 Posts

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
Ya no kidding! Racing costs suck! We need an affordable track, and tires that last longer and umbrella girls in bikinis. With real affordable food

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Ya no kidding! Racing costs suck! We need an affordable track, and tires that last longer and umbrella girls in bikinis. With real affordable food
u can still afford food ???
damn i must be doin something wrong

1 - 20 of 30 Posts