Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bmfgsxr said:
and whats the story with that other track in north jersey they were going to build?
I never heard anything about a track in N. NJ.:confused I remember there was "talk" about a NASCAR style (oval) track near the Meadowlands.

Oh well, lets just hope Thunderbolt opens up next year down in Millville.:punk

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
njracer said:
I never heard anything about a track in N. NJ.:confused
Shit... plans for my super secret Motard straffing runs through the new parking deck at Bergen Community College have been leaked!
:biggrin

There is no room for a track in Northern NJ. If anyone remembers the Meadowlands Gran Prix was a huge failure that left some awesome roads for racing around. At least until they started redoing the roadways and fucked up all the fun turns. :crying

·
Premium Member
26,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mydogfarted said:
There is no room for a track in Northern NJ.:crying
I know of a place in N' NJ that would be perfect.......except the tree huggers would have a shit fit. Does anybody remember Jungle Habitat?? Shit, the road for the old safari is still there...it would make a perfect place for a track.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
njracer said:
I know of a place in N' NJ that would be perfect.......except the tree huggers would have a shit fit. Does anybody remember Jungle Habitat?? Shit, the road for the old safari is still there...it would make a perfect place for a track.
Actually they are trying to get approval to build an extreme sports park on that land. The hold up is the developers are proposing ATV & dirt bike trails and the neighbors are being assholes.:mad

·
Highly unstable
32,025 Posts
not sure yet. i really need to get a house, and its very expensive to race, etc.. so i have to see how this season goes with finances. if i can swing staying on the track and moving closer to being able to buy a house then ill keep going. if i cant do both ill have to put the racing on hold until after i get the house. im tired of renting bro. but dont get me wrong, i would sell the bike only to buy dirtbikes so i can still say on two wheels, but i can ride those for free virtually. and not have to travel 5 hours too. and i wouldnt be selling my leathers, or warmers either because i would view it as a temporary set back.. but knowing myself i imagine this is a passing faze and as soon as i get back on the track (next friday with nesba) ill forget all about wanting to save for a house.. lol although i hope not as i really am tired of renting.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Can you imagine the security needed to keep our shit SAFE while we're there...

·
Premium Member
26,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RADRB8 said:
Can you imagine the security needed to keep our shit SAFE while we're there...
It's funny....I was thinking the same thing. No more leaving you car open with the keys on the seat...or going to sleep at night with the key in your racebike. Everything would have to be LOCKED DOWN and you should probably have a gun or two with ya at all times. lol

Shit, I can see it now.......the 2 board goes up and BAM.....ya get bike jacked at the line.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
njracer said:
It's funny....I was thinking the same thing. No more leaving you car open with the keys on the seat...or going to sleep at night with the key in your racebike. Everything would have to be LOCKED DOWN and you should probably have a gun or two with ya at all times. lol

Shit, I can see it now.......the 2 board goes up and BAM.....ya get bike jacked at the line.
:lol But not really... I could see some jackass trying to pull
that off...:scratch

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
5 Participants
RADRB8
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing