Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I got my baby back from my painter and assembled it.
And I´m in love :D

The grey is from a new Audi TT RS with a slight metallic finish. It will be amazing in the sunlight (which hopefully be there asap).
The yellow is a not street legal color, because it is self reflective. It´s like a lighthouse on every tiny incidence of light and it makes blinds see again!

There will be some decals, I want to put on the frontspoiler and maybe a light gray "Suzuki" on the back, which can only be seen on the second view.
A red Suzie "S" on the front fender...

[Images attached to the bottom, due to the post counter...]

What can I say?
I wanted an "In you face"-Color and that´s what I got.
I love it! :grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And where it should be:
On a racetrack in Croatia - Automotodrom Grobnik

The color is amazing in the sunlight and the yellow changes on every angle.
Poorly the heat from the exhaust is impressive and the heat shield burned right away. So partially the color below the lower spoiler, also did :(

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, absolutely! But the time was to spare, before trackdays.
I want to have the same yellow around them and leave the rest in black. Just thinking about buying reflective band or using the same paint (which will be more work and money).

The handles need to be replaced, as well as the lever.
Last, but I guess not least, the frame needs some fresh black. There are several scratches, which now are quite prominent due to the fresh dress :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It´s mady by Sebimoto, which is now part of a company called BRP Blaha Racing Parts.
You can find it here.

Got a bodywork from sebimoto before as well, but this one does not fit as great as the first did. The lower part is to close to the exhaust and even burned away the whole heat shield.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now I got time to make the rims.
But the old paint of the front wheel was quite bad and I ripped it off with the old, white band.
Had to (partially) repaint it. Sanding and masking with tape, took most of the time. The result was surprisingly good :)

Backwheel was better, but the band was seperated, so a lot of fingernail-work was needed!

In the end, it is not a perfect circle but good enough for me...

Attachments

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,038 Posts
duuuuuuuude!
that looks fuckin MINT!
awesome colour combo!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
fastoldguy
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing